Do you know, 41% of people don’t want to go grocery shopping, and 30% don’t have time to do so? Why? We are living in an era where people demand convenience and accessibility. With the change of time, groceries are just a click away and have become the best solution to avoid time-consuming physical grocery shopping.
Mobile applications have altered the way industries operate. Following the success of food delivery services and other sectors too, grocery businesses have also jumped on board. It has a robust potential to cater to the demands of customers. Let’s check out three strong reasons why supermarkets should invest in grocery apps.
Reasons to Invest in Grocery App Development
- Boost Convenience by Improving Business Workflows
Maintaining stock inventory has always been a tedious job. However, online stores make you a pro at it. It saves your stock listing time and your customer’s valuable time while shopping. While updating the records of your vast inventory, you can keep your customers informed about the available list of items in your stock.
Based on data gathered from the wish list or favorites feature in the app, you can send suggestions to your customers. It is a smart way to show you care for them, and it also makes up their minds even when they are not shopping. An app can promote your business in a whole new way and add convenience that is a crucial part when it comes to influencing a customer’s mind.
- Easier to Maximize Customer Engagement
Whether you are a start-up or a well-established grocery business, growing sales is primary for every business. It is one of the big reasons that help you make your mind about investing in grocery apps. Feature-rich grocery app built by a reliable grocery delivery app development company lets you experience remarkable growth in a short time. You can add features like,
- Detailed Inventory – Helps you easily search items that not only adds convenience to you but your customers as well
- Seamless Navigation – Intuitive and user-friendly app experience helps to increase customer engagement as well as retention rates.
- Smart Delivery Options – Instead of standing in long queues, you can offer your customers with fastest delivery option. Even you can ask for a contactless delivery option to give more satisfaction to customers
- Rewards Points – Let your customers earn exclusive rewards every time they shop. You can also integrate a referral program that multiplies your consumer base in a shorter time
- Order Tracking – Never lose track of your orders. It helps both store owners and customers to track items for timely deliveries
- Swift Payment Gateways – Through the app you can give a variety of seamless payment options to your customers
- A Great Medium to Promote Your Brand
Either you have a physical grocery store or online store, marketing is essential to survive in the competitive marketplace. Grocery mobile app helps you gather information about your customers and help you deliver personalized services and special discounts that attract customers’ attention towards your brand. Moreover, push notification is an excellent feature that lets you send notifications of discounts and latest additions, making it easier for people to make a purchase. Also, with data-driven marketing, grocery business owners can monitor and follow a strategic plan based on the user’s demand and feedback.
How Much Grocery App Development Costs
In recent years, grocery app development had gained impressive momentum. Witnessing massive growth, diverse mobile app development companies are offering innovative solutions to grow your business at scale. Before you make the final investment, it is wise to know how much does it cost to create an app.
The cost of developing a grocery mobile app can be determined based on three factors – the number of dedicated platforms, app complexity, and location of the outsourcing company. For instance,
- U.S. based developers can charge up to $50 to $250 per hour
- Eastern Europe based developers can cost you around $30 to $150 per hour
- Indian app developers can charge up to $20 to $100 per hour
Grocery app development can be divided into two categories. Let’s take a closer look at on-demand grocery app development cost –
- Category A: Consumer Facing App
A feature-rich and robust consumer-facing app costs you around $37K. It includes features like,
- User Profile -In this section, users can register in the app. It can be done via e-mail, social networks, and friend’s invitation. Proper authentication takes place at the backend. The average cost of designing and developing the feature comes out to be $3000.
- Dashboard – It allows users to review their earlier orders, rewards earned, rewards redeemed, and much more. Moreover, it gives complete access to their activities done in the app. It costs around $11,000.
- Maps – It helps you make delivery in real-time that make the app more interactive. Users always have an option to switch to the order detail page. The average cost to integrate the feature is around $7000.
- My Orders – Users can view order history, order details, and give ratings. The average price of developing order tracking and history feature is around $6000.
- Add to Cart/Buy Now – This feature includes order summary, edit an address, payment modes editability, coupon adding-feature. The feature costs you around $5000.
Other features can be added that come with an additional cost. For instance, chatbots that help you deliver 24*7 customer services.
- Category B: Web Dashboard
It is developed to monitor all activities of the service providers and consumers. Handling user registrations to managing timely deliveries and inventory can all be taken care of from an all-in-one platform. The cost of creating a dashboard for an on-demand application is around $24000.
If you look at overall features and technology stack, the app can cost you around $40K to $50. Hire a top grocery app development company that can guide you throughout the on-demand app development process. You can also take quick estimates with app cost calculators available online by diverse mobile app development firms. All you need to answer a few questions basis your business requirements, and you can get quotes within minutes. It helps you save time and gives you a sense of confidentiality while sharing your business idea with every company.
When you have a complete idea about the app, you should consult experts. With a strategic approach and extensive planning, you can build a successful app and generate positive outcomes for your business.