QuickBooks is an advanced accounting application that lets users integrate several useful tools with the app, such as email. Users may come across the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding issue when they try to send emails through their application. You can easily integrate Microsoft outlook with your QuickBooks Desktop application and use it to manage and send emails. If there is any inconsistency in the settings, you may get the error. Through this blog, we discuss the roots reasons that crop-up why the error appears and the methods that can help you fix it.
If you come across QuickBooks Outlook not responding error while trying to send an email through your QuickBooks application, and you fail to resolve it yourself, contact us at 844-932-1139 and talk to our certified experts for help.
Reasons why QuickBooks Outlook 2019 is not responding?
There are several reasons behind QuickBooks Outlook 2019 is not responding issue. These have been listed below in detail for you:
- The email settings in the Internet Explorer and the QuickBooks application are inconsistent.
- If MS Outlook is not properly installed on your system.
- If the Outlook application is running in the background while sending the email.
- QuickBooks installation file damage is a major reason behind the error.
- Email configuration files MAPI32.dll file damage is also a reason causing the notorious issue.
Understanding these reasons should help you narrow down the troubleshooting approach and save your time in fixing the error.
Recommended To Read : QuickBooks Error 1904
How to fix the QuickBooks Desktop Outlook is not responding issue?
You can choose several methods for effective resolution of the QuickBooks Desktop Outlook is not responding issue and also you can choose according to the what kinds of signs it showing you.
Method 1: Unmark the run as admin option
- Shut down all the running windows of the QuickBooks application.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and right-click on the ‘QuickBooks’ icon.
- Select the option ‘Open File Location’ to open the folder.
- Find the QuickBooks.exe file and right-click on it.
- Go to the ‘Properties’ option and then to the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Unmark the ‘Run this program as Administrator’ option.
- You should click on ‘Show Settings for all users,’ if the option was not allowed to be marked earlier.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok’ to save the changes.
If This method wouldn’t works that situation you can try method 2 where you will learn about repairing MAPI32.dll file
Method 2: Repairing the MAPI32.dll file
MAPI32.dll file is a dynamic link library file that stores information and instruction for executable files. It has been designed to make your computer more efficient by saving memory allocation. If it gets corrupt or damaged, a runtime error like QuickBooks Outlook is not responding can occur. Luckily, you have a convenient method to fix the damage through the following steps:
- Close all the programs running in the background.
- Press the ‘Windows + E’ keys together on your keyboard to open the File Explorer.
- Click on the C: Drive and then open the folder ‘Windows.
- Go to the ‘System32’ folder and search for ‘Fixmapi.exe’ file.
- If you fail to find the file in the folder, search it in ‘Windows Search,’ right-click on the file and select ‘Open File Location.’
- Double click on the file to run it and then wait for the process to complete.
- Afterward, open QuickBooks and try to send an email to check if the error is resolved.
NOTE: If you are using 64 Bit OS then you must lookup for the MAPI64.dll file because MAPI.dll File version found according to what OS you have installed. However, If This Method will not help that case you can try Method 3 where you check the Email Preference with QuickBooks Application.
Method 3: Recheck The Email Preference option for QuickBooks
If QuickBooks Email Preferences are not configured correctly, then that can lead to QuickBooks outlook is not responding error. However, the steps stated below will help you configure the email preferences correctly.
- First of all, Open the QuickBooks application.
- Right Underneath of Edit tab, click on the preferences, then send forms option.
- At Preference Tab, Select on send Email by just clicking upon it.
- Next, Go back again to the Edit tab and click on preferences.
- You have to choose to send the forms option then after the cruise to my preference tab.
- Later Click on QuickBooks Email and Click on Okay Button. Click on Customize, then preference.
- Now select the Microsoft outlook and simply hit okay.
- Close both applications QuickBooks and Outlook.
- In the End, Restart the computer and go back open QuickBooks try to send email again.
Method 4: Verify the Email Preferences of your Web Browser
Once you set and configure your QuickBooks application’s email preferences correctly, move on to fix the browser settings. Here are the steps to verify and rectify your Internet Explorer’s email preferences.
- Start by closing the Company file and all the running QuickBooks windows
- Open your Internet Explorer web browser and click on the ‘Tools’ menu in the top-right corner.
- Select the ‘Internet Options’ option from the drop-down menu and reach the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Set Programs’ button and then select ‘Set Your Default program.’
- Choose the ‘Outlook (desktop)’ option from the list of programs and then select the ‘Set this Program as Default’ option.
- Press the ‘Ok’ button and then close the browser window.
Through this article, we discussed why the users get the ‘QuickBooks Outlook not responding‘ error when they try to send emails through their QuickBooks Desktop application and the methods that are reliable in resolving it. If you are still facing issues and you need help from an expert, contact us at 844-932-1139.