The COVID-19 outbreak has caused over 15, 000 permanent local store closures in 2020. According to the Economic Policy Institute, the pandemic could wipe out three million jobs from the US economy alone. While many industries are scaling down in this situation, some businesses still have the potential to accelerate their growth through digitalisation. WordPress released its new version on March 31st to help those businesses make the most of online opportunities. So, let’s check out the top five businesses that could start their online venture with WordPress during the lockdown.
Why Choose WordPress For Building Your Website?
WordPress powers more than 35.2% of all websites on the Internet. It has a market share of 60.8% in the CMS market. The plugin directory of WordPress consists of over 55000 plugins for a wide variety of industries. On top of that, 14.7% of the world’s top websites have been built on WordPress.
Top Five Businesses That Could Use WordPress in This Pandemic Situation
The business ecosystem has changed considerably following the pandemic outbreak. The COVID-19 has not only affected the demand side of the sector but also devastated the supply chain. But, the good news is, here are the businesses that can GROW even in this devastating situation.
#1. Food Delivery Services
“You should not be going shopping except for essentials and you should do this as little as you can. Use food delivery services where you can.” said the Prime Minister of the UK in his nation’s address. So yes, the food delivery services aren’t dead amidst the COVID-19 havoc.
Here’s what you can do with a WordPress website:
- From starters to main courses and desserts, make different kinds of foods available on the website.
- Make sure the site can take your customer requests without any hassle.
- Mention the hygienic standards maintained by the company to deliver safe food
- Highlight the USPs such as on-time service and reasonable costs in the site
Food delivery services do not need much investment. But, it can bring you a good profit if the website caters to your customers’ needs perfectly. You must make it a point to respond to your customers’ queries instantly.
#2. Online education
The nationwide lockdown caused millions of schools, colleges and universities to shut down. According to OECD, at least 421 million children’s education got affected due to the shutting down of schools. Several exams like the HKDSE and SATs got cancelled, thereby reducing career opportunities for students.
Also read: Educate Yourself on College Right Here
Here’s how your WordPress website can help you out:
- You can offer online assignment help to students through your website.
- Start tutoring classes to help students make up for the school or college hours they are now missing out on.
- Make test papers, question banks, research material and samples available on your website to help out the students.
- Fix interactive question/answer sessions at a specific time between students and teachers through the website.
Some countries have already started embracing online technology to help students learn even in this situation. Hong Kong, for example, helped students learn at home through interactive apps and websites.
#3. Online doctor consultation & pharmacy
The need for medicines and doctor’s consultation has increased to a great extent due to the lockdown. People aren’t allowed to step out of their homes. Hospitals aren’t really a safe place anymore. And most doctors are too busy to attend your place for a check-up.
Here’s how your WordPress website can help you:
- Display all the essential medicines and other pharmaceutical equipment on your WordPress website
- Offer discounts on a specific purchase amount to encourage your potential clients to order medicines online
- Make it a point to deliver the products on time and safely.
- Highlight the time slots when doctors are available online for a quick consultation
Starting the delivery of medicines is comparatively easier since there are no curfews for pharmacy. Do not forget to mention that your online shop is available for 24*7. Train your customer support employees such that they respond to your customer’s queries instantly.
#4. Grocery and vegetables
People aren’t allowed to gather at places such as supermarkets. But, that doesn’t mean people aren’t looking forward to buying groceries and vegetables. Groceries and vegetables are an essential part of the meals. People will need these to stay fit and healthy.
Here’s how your WordPress website can help you out:
- Highlight the fact that your website consists of only fresh and organic vegetables. Also, make it clear that the groceries available on your site are reliable.
- Make it easier for your clients to order through the ‘Order Page’ of your website.
- If any item isn’t available, mention that on the homepage of your site.
- You can also take orders on the website depending on the delivery slots. That way, you can manage even bulk orders with ease.
The grocery and vegetable online store are one of the most essential online businesses these days. Build the website with the right theme and you can easily engage customers and approach them to buy your products.
#5. Gym and Yoga classes
Over 1.5 billion people are in lockdown to curb the spreading of the deadly COVID-19. The UK and Australia have already instructed people to avoid social gatherings such as in a gym or a yoga studio. But, how can that restrict people from staying fit? You can’t let the shutting down of gyms get in the way of your fitness goals, can you? How can your WordPress website help?
- You can publish daily workout videos to help all those fitness enthusiasts out there.
- Conduct live chat sessions where your target audience can talk to you regarding diet plans and workout goals
- Make a list of virtual exercises available to your target audience so that they can follow those exercises at per their convenience
- Sort out workout sessions for people of different ages, weights and heights. Make the website easily navigable.
Online workout services like Aaptive and Daily Burn have confirmed that there has been an increase in demand for online workout classes due to the lockdown. If you are a fitness enthusiast, you can build a relevant website on WordPress and start training right away.
Times are tough. The world’s economy is shrinking terribly and several industries have already suffered devastating consequences. People are also changing their shopping behaviours to adapt to this period of uncertainty and isolation. Online services can prove to be the silver lining in this troublesome atmosphere. Building websites on WordPress is easy. So you can build a website relevant to the businesses mentioned above and generate revenue even in these tough times.
Ava Smith is a content marketer in a reputed firm in the Australia. She also offers reliable online assignment help to students at Essayassignmenthelp.com.au. Ava loves to watch movies in his free time and do yoga.