B2B sales strategy is about identifying the target audience, conducting research to determine their interests and how your company can benefit them, then outlining a plan for converting leads into paying customers. While the entire process sounds easy enough, it takes dedication, experience, and expertise to have success in B2B sales.
Here are some tips that will help you establish an effective sales strategy:
1) Commit to Consistency
It’s not always easy to keep yourself motivated when trying to meet business goals. However, being consistent with follow-up activities can make all the difference between landing a sale or losing out on one entirely. If you’re having trouble staying motivated, consider hiring a virtual assistant who can take over the tasks of calling leads and following up with them, so you can focus on closing deals.
2) Outline Your Sales Processes
Even the most talented salespeople need to have a solid strategy in place if they are going to be successful selling B2B like eWorldtrade and Alibaba. To succeed, outline your processes for all of your follow-up activities including research, lead generation, identifying decision-makers, and more. Organize these by priority using an ABCD matrix. For instance, tasks should be completed first since they’re transactional. B tasks are necessary but not always time-sensitive while C tasks are nice to have that don’t drive revenue directly. D tasks are a low priority that can wait until later or even be eliminated altogether.
3) Use Lead Nurturing
The best way to close deals is to nurture leads so they become customers. The more aware a prospect becomes about your product or service, the more likely they are to move forward in your sales process. Focus on lead nurturing early in the buyer’s journey by highlighting different use cases for your products that are most relevant to them.
4) Use Social Selling
Social selling refers to using social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to engage with leads and prospects outside of traditional business hours. It’s important because it allows you to stay connected with potential buyers even when they’re not actively looking for new vendors, which increases the likelihood of converting them into leads.
5) Target Decision Makers
Targeting decision-makers could be key to landing deals faster than ever. When you focus on selling to the person who has the authority to make a purchase, it lowers the amount of time and effort required for closing. There are tools like Marketo or Pardot that can help you easily identify decision-makers based on factors like company size or job function.
6) Create Content
Putting out helpful, relevant content will set you apart from the competition and position your company as an industry leader. Your website should be updated regularly with compelling blog posts, infographics, and eBooks. These should all contain links to other information resources about your industry or specific services that help visitors navigate to the information they are looking for.
7) Make it Personal
Becoming a trusted advisor means forming relationships with leads through personal outreach. Use email marketing to send personalized messages that are thoughtful instead of spammy. If someone opens up an email you sent them three times, take it as a signal that they’re interested in learning more about what you have to offer. Monitor how prospects interact with your emails by using autoresponders that send them triggered messages after they open, click, or don’t respond.
8) Evaluate Your Own Sales Organization
To improve your sales process, it’s important to be able to step outside of yourself and look at how you’re interacting with prospects. Take advantage of surveys or ask your customers for feedback on what they like most about working with your organization. The more you focus on these key elements, the easier it will be to make changes where necessary and increase overall revenue.
Contact us today if you would like to learn more information about our virtual assistant services, which help you save time so that you can focus on closing deals instead of spending valuable hours running errands related to B2B sales.
9) Use Sales Intelligence Tools
Sales intelligence tools provide insight into your market including information about competitors, industry trends, buying habits, and more. Collecting this data helps with targeting leads, knowing which messages resonate with them, and building trust faster so they are ready to buy sooner. There are tools like Bant.ai that can help turn this data into actionable insights for sales teams.
That’s it! It’s not easy to increase the success of your B2B sales strategy but these tips will help you become more productive, cut out activities that aren’t working, and ultimately save time and money in the process. The bottom line is that if you want to succeed with any sales strategy then you need to stay committed, be consistent and use tools that provide valuable insights so you can sell smarter.
By following these tips, you should be well on your way to success in B2B sales!
4 B2B Sales Strategies Guaranteed To Bring You More Customers
In business-to-business sales, there are four strategies you can focus on to get more customers. In today’s competitive marketplace, it is important to have a plan of action especially if your primary goal is to bring in more customers. Here are the four strategies guaranteed to bring you more customers:
1. If you have not done so already, go after larger accounts! This might be an obvious statement but sometimes we tend to overlook this strategy. Ask yourself what size companies do I sell to now? What size companies could I successfully sell to? The key here is “successfully” meaning that you have what it takes, i.e., the right skills, relationships, and know-how for success. But before pursuing large accounts also consider these important factors:
– Can I afford the longer sales cycle?
– Do I have enough resources to be successful?
– What about my existing smaller customers, will they be neglected while focusing on larger ones?
– How much more effort will it take to sell into larger accounts?
Selling into large accounts might seem like a daunting task and that is why some sales professionals may not want to go after them. You might be asking yourself if there isn’t an easier way and there is! It comes down to developing your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), i.e., who do you enjoy selling too and most importantly, who would you choose as your customer now…large or smaller companies. Once you know this information then it will be easier to pursue larger accounts.
2. If you have not done so already, go after a niche within a larger customer! The idea here is that even large companies have many different divisions and departments. To avoid being seen as just another vendor it might be wise to focus on just one division or department of a large company. By doing this, the salespeople will provide better service and become closer with that specific division or department of the company. It’s also easier to identify decision-makers because they are all coming from one division/department versus trying to identify multiple decision-makers at a much larger account.
3. Focus on bringing in more strategic customers! Think about your own situation, do you enjoy selling too large accounts because they seem to spend more money, or perhaps you like the challenge — that is great! But how about all those smaller accounts that cannot spend as much and may not be your ideal customer profile? By focusing on strategic customers you will find more success and in turn, bring in more customers.
4. More open-to-buy! This final strategy involves working with sales managers to make sure there is enough budget set aside to purchase from your company when they are ready to buy. Salespeople work hard to get opportunities but if the sales manager does not have an open-to-buy amount then it’s difficult for them (sales managers) to allow proper funding. If this sounds familiar then focus on working with sales management so they understand what needs to happen in order to successfully sell into larger accounts.
By focusing on these four strategies, the probability of bringing in more customers is greatly increased!
The tips, strategies, and insights shared in this article should help you better understand the importance of sales. You’ll learn how to leverage your customer’s brains at different stages in the purchasing process or lead funnel to drive more visitors into your marketing funnel and convert casual visits into sales. Whether you can tap into their emotions with emotional triggers or use our cognitive neuroscience principles, there are plenty of ways for you to increase your product’s revenue online. Which of these 4 B2B Sales Strategies have worked best for you?