Preparing the Office for the Move:
Two basic principal for Office relocation:
- Do not miss important points,
- Do not delay the process.
It’s Easier to Divide the Task into Separate Stages:
- Draw up a detailed plan of the commercial premises – count all workplaces, furniture, equipment. Then determine where the transported items are located in the new office. Analyze the capacity of the cabinet for moving objects. A nuance – you need to move the office to the appropriate footage of the building. Otherwise, there will be a problem with the placement of work areas. Check-in advance the number of window openings, sockets, the location of communications. It will allow you to complete things for each office even during loading correctly.
- You need to know the transportation volume to choose the appropriate type of transport. Its carrying capacity, the location within New Jersey state, can be organized by a small-tonnage car and two flights. If the volume of things is large, more than four trips are required, it is better to hire two vehicles. It is more profitable to travel long distances using increased capacity vehicles to deliver all the items simultaneously.
- Moving office furniture with large dimensions, weight – a team of movers is required. The number of people depends on the expected amount of work. The team will remove equipment and furniture, proper loading, fastening inside the car, and unloading. They can disassemble large items, offer their packaging. Some of the best New Jersey Office moving Services provide you a package deal that will save you from helluva frustration and misuse of resources.
- Disassembly of furniture – moving the company to a new office should not harm the owner. It is worth dismantling shelves, cabinet doors, countertops, and side elements not to damage objects. Structures that have an elongated smooth surface can be stacked vertically and fixed tightly. This guarantees that on the way, they will not break, chips and cracks will not appear. Moving furniture unassembled is more complex, the risk of property damage is higher. Remove fittings, glass components, shelves in advance. Attach the doors to the body with tape.
- The choice of packaging material – it must protect office equipment, valuables, paper from moisture, dirt, dust, exposure to high temperatures if the move is long-distance. For smooth surfaces, use stretch film or corrugated cardboard sheets. Office chairs, chairs can be folded in stacks (one to one) or pairs, then tightly wrapped with foil.
- Marking boxes and packages – put labels that correspond to the cabinet where you want to place the items. It will be easier for movers to navigate if they know the plan of moving the office. The time is reduced; during assembly, it will not be necessary to look for its components.
- Select the best packing service to do all the packing parts of your office before moving, another essential time-saving tip for you.
Placement of transported goods is the final stage when you need to assemble furniture, unpack equipment, arrange for workstations.
If you follow a pre-developed plan, there will be no difficulties with organizing the office’s relocation. The whole event will take one day to involve a carrier company that coordinates loaders’ actions, a driver, a company administrator – a few hours. Bonus – the company takes responsibility for the safety of goods.
To reduce the risk of damage to your belongings during the move, follow a simple algorithm:
- Purchase boxes in advance – employees will be able to put personal belongings, fragile items on their own.
- Folders, papers, stationery pack separately, additionally protected with foil, placed in a large standard container. Be sure to label the boxes to find the item in the new office quickly.
- Office equipment – disconnected from the power supply, detachable parts, cords are disconnected. Monitors, sensitive electronics, computers, fragile items should be wrapped in bubble wrap. Place in boxes, ensure immobility, mark, apply inscriptions for movers, for example, “fragile.”
- Live plants – transported in an open container, fastened inside the car.
Before leaving, check the packaging, make sure that it can withstand the load and is intact. You can order auto-delivery of goods, which will speed up the moving process several times.
Essential Tips for Moving your Office:
Transportation of furniture, equipment, bulky items requires careful preparation, careful loading. Subject to the rules in the new office, it will remain to collect and place items. Difficulties can arise with company papers, essential documents. Loss, damage can paralyze the work of the company, cause fines and inspections.
To Avoid Problems, you Need to Organize the System:
- Pre-sorting of documents is better to deposit precious copies when office relocation is in a safe deposit box. Place the folders in oversized pallets. Fold unbound papers into piles according to size, purpose. Then place them in boxes, label them, for example, according to their department. You should not transport documents on the shelves of cabinets that you do not plan to disassemble. On the way and during loading, they can be damaged or lost.
- Packaging – who can wrap stacks in thick paper. Secure the packaging to prevent loss of originals. Then you can place it in boxes made of thick cardboard, preferably tied with a rope or tightened with tape. Wooden boxes and safes are suitable for transportation. A film is additionally used. If the workflow is large, it is better to involve specialists who will pack the papers and form pallets.
- Labeling – put labels on the boxes that correspond to the departments where they were stored, to the cabinets where they were located, stick stickers on the shelves in advance. In the new office, it will be accessible to layout papers. There will be no confusion, no downtime.
- Inventory – will allow you to check the presence of all boxes with documents during unloading.
You should not accept work from loaders and sign an act until you are sure that all containers with items, equipment, and papers are in place. Check the car body so you don’t forget small things.
Tips to Help when Moving your Office:
- Explore all the offers of transport companies – compare prices, conditions, availability of additional services.
- There is no need to save money on a team of loaders – the safety of things and the event’s timing depend on their well-coordinated work and professionalism.
- Take advantage of promotions and discounts from carriers – this will reduce costs.
- Read the reviews.
- Analyze the tariff – the more additional options, the better. Specify the service’s cost, how it is formed, whether it depends on the distance or the total number of hours.
- Be sure to sign an agreement with the transport company – protection of the customer’s rights, compensation for damage in case of damage, loss of cargo. The document will stipulate terms, date of execution, terms of cooperation.
- Route development is a critical step when you need to determine the shortest route to reduce flights.
- The machine’s advantage will be unique fastening systems, cables, fixing for furniture, separate places for placing fragile goods, and hooks.
It is better to plan the office relocation on the weekend if you can move everything one day. There are few traffic jams on the roads. You can control the transportation of goods in your car. If it is impossible to suspend the company’s work, it is advisable to transport things in stages. One day a specific department, then another.
Purchase Packing Material in Advance by Evaluating the Number of Items:
- Boxes of different sizes.
- Rolls of cardboard.
- Wrapping paper.
- The film is stretchy, air-bubble.
At least three days in advance, order a team of loaders, suitable transport. When choosing them, you should not be guided by too low prices. Intricate, detailed work cannot be rated low. Perhaps the brigade has no experience. The driver does not know the city well and does not follow the carriage rules.
Tasks Before Moving on your Own:
Control the safety of the cargo. An unscheduled inventory is required. It takes a long time and can disrupt the rhythm of the office.
To be Done:
- Furniture, office equipment, household items, fragile decorative elements should be numbered, entered into the general inventory.
- Old, unnecessary things – make a list and send for recycling, so as not to transport excess, this will free up space in the car, reducing costs.
- Carpets – dry-clean, wash.
- Hire an electrician to the premises if necessary, remove lighting fixtures, and check outlets’ serviceability.
- Papers that have expired return to the archive, dispose of.
You will have to involve a person who will carry out a general cleaning before moving. It is necessary to prepare an area for stationary workplaces and furniture at the new location. Check-in advances the operation of all systems, the availability of communications, their serviceability.
Moving with the Help of a Carrier Company:
This option is more reliable, affordable, and faster. The specialized company applies an integrated approach to the movement of any cargo over long or short distances. The client can discuss working conditions in advance, order additional options, and study the vehicle’s characteristics.
How do they Work:
- They visit the office in advance – an employee of the company estimates the number of things.
- The tariff is calculated – it remains fixed, so it is easy to plan the event’s budget.
- They offer different packaging options – high-quality materials, reliable fastening, protection from moisture, mechanical damage.
- Furniture disassembly and assembly service – there is no risk that items will be damaged on the way, losing their original appearance.
- They strictly adhere to the agreed deadlines – if the driver is late or absent from work, fines are envisaged.
- The movers’ team are experienced employees who do not make mistakes.
- Loading equipment – guarantees the safety of items when moving into the car.
- Development of a short route – logisticians, choose less congested roads, which reduces the risk of flight delays.
- They inform about the technical condition of the transport and provide the necessary documentation.
- Arrangement of objects according to the principal’s plan. If you mark boxes, furniture and apply the same signs on an office in a new office, the movers will move it to the right place.
- Long distances – it is possible to track the cargo along the way.
The contract with the carrier company is legally protected. The parties sign a document, it contains the price of the service, essential conditions. It is a guarantee that in case of default, the customer will defend his rights in court.
If carriers offer the service of cargo insurance, it is not worth saving. It is a guarantee of a responsible attitude to the task, compensation for losses.