First of all, Sage 300 is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software system, which was known as Sage 300 Accpac.
What is this system and why are they necessary for businesses?
When the scale of the company is small, the number of questions is hitting in mind. And if you have a production of hundreds of items, it becomes difficult to manage them. This is where an ERP system like Sage 300 will help you. Such a type of system is designed to automate and accelerate business processes, which reduces the negative impact of the human factor.
In practice, this allows you to optimize the work of a large company with a large number of divisions, departments, employees, and clients.
The sage 300 ERP software strives to unite all processes within a single platform, which reduces the cost of supporting and maintaining the system. It also allows you to make accurate management decisions for bringing a tangible effect.
It helps SMEs in the public sector, financial services, professional services, and different markets. The solutions can collect infinite exchange rates and currencies, obtain regular updates, and control losses. It’s in-system inventory management features allow users to manage products and track inventory when it’s near to out-of-stock.
Want to know more about Sage 300?
Take a look at this guide and know about its functions and system requirements.
Functions of Sage 300 Software
The main tool in business is gaining more and more profit. The availability of the Sage 300 system demonstrates high efficiency and limitless scale production. Hence, implementing such a strategy and software for accounting and resource planning is an effective way to drive business improvements.
Here are the following number of functions associated with a Sage 300 ERP system.
Providing a Convenient Workflow
The main purpose of Sage 300 ERP systems is to provide fast documentation (invoices, reports, prices), as well as subsequent operations with them (search, access, forwarding, editing).
Sage 300 ERP system allows planning payments, deliveries, warehouse operation, seasonal changes, and production volumes. For each company, production planning is individual, which is tied to the volume-calendar strategy. The software will help prepare the necessary stocks of materials, raw materials, control the fullness of warehouses, and offer an order.
Transparency of Information
This Sage 300 ERP program records all operations, functions, quantities, and dates of their execution, which will make the company’s work more transparent for analysis.
Unified Data Network
The ERP system must provide the ability to track all processes separately at all levels, from the purchase of raw materials and production to the registration of a sale and payment of tax.
The program monitors the number of personnel, planning the schedule of exits and hours worked. It takes into account the level of qualifications of employees and passing training courses. Also, this effective planning system calculates salaries and bonuses.
Working With Suppliers
The functionality of the system allows you to store and process the supplier base. It sends requests for availability controls the delivery process and keeps records of purchases.
Requirements for Sage 300 Software
Here are the following requirements that are necessary for Sage 300 software:
In order to install and use the Sage 300 ERP system, make sure your workstations have high-speed internet access to accurately and authorize your purchased products/modules. For this, you can contact a support professional.
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (This OS does not support Sage SQL Replicator and Mobile features.)
- CPU: Current generation multi-core processors like Intel® Core i7™ or Intel® Xeon™.
- RAM: 32 GB or more, depending on the number of concurrent users, the size and number of databases, and if additional business applications are hosted on the same server.
- Hard drive: Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD).SSD is recommended for faster performance.
For the Sage 300 ERP system, you may be able to install a 32-bit OS, certain features may not perform as expected.
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1(64-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit) (A standalone install to this OS cannot host SQL Replicator or Mobile features.)
- CPU: Current generation multi-core processors, such as Intel® Core i7™ or Intel® Xeon™.
- RAM: 16 GB or more.
- Hard drive: Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD). SSD is recommended for faster performance.
Other Configuration Requirements
- Wired Network Adapter
- A desktop client must have a wired network connection to the server.
- Desktop client users who attach to your company’s network through WiFi or VPN must open a Remote Desktop connection to the client machine on which the Sage 300 ERP system is introduced.
- Windows Active Directory domain is required for Sage SQL Replicator and Mobile features.
- Software and Hardware firewalls must be set up to accept these ports – 25, 80, 137 – 139, 443, 515/TCP, 1583/TCP, 3351/TCP, 8101, 8102, 11486 – 11488/TCP, plus additional ports as required for SQL Server.
- Monitor Resolution – 1024 pixels by 768 pixels up to 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels (Full HD). Avoid monitors with 2K resolution.
- Printer – A Microsoft Certified printer driver is recommended.
- Adobe Reader
- SAP Crystal Reports for Sage 300 ERP 2013 SP2 or 2016
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.2
- Microsoft .NET 3.5
- Microsoft 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013 (only 32-bit versions are supported)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (64-bit) – Required for Sage SQL Replicator and Mobile features.
We hope that our article helped you understand the features of our Sage 300 ERP software and figure out what is necessary to install this system on your desktop.
With the availability of various ERP companies in Singapore, you can choose a reliable agency. Correctly implementing an ERP system will raise profit growth and significantly improve the company’s work in the near future.