QuickBooks error 1706 can take place when a user tries an installation from a detachable media, as an example, a CD or DVD. When there’s a few trouble with the installation of QB point of Sale, a user might also get QuickBooks error Code 1706. A user can get QuickBooks POS error 1706 while he or she attempts to begin the point of Sale installer. The error message that looks on the display says that a valid source turned into not found while trying to open POS.
In this article, you’ll research why you can get QuickBooks error 1706 and what you can do to restore it without difficulty. To continue running easily, it’s far essential to solve QuickBooks POS errors 1706 as early as you could.
Why does QuickBooks errors 1706 occur?
QuickBooks errors 1706 can occur because of numerous causes. A number of the reasons are listed under –
- The supply along with a CD, DVD or InstallShield from which QB Point of Sale has been installed is broken or corrupted, so critical POS additives could not be installed.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 this is installed in your pc is a beta model.
- Microsoft .Net Framework version installed on your system isn’t like minded, no longer well installed, or is incompletely installed.
- There may be some problem with the configuration of the Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Home windows documents or additives which can be required through QuickBooks point of Sale to characteristic well are both damaged or missing.
- Documents are over fragmented.
- Hardware or Random-access memory (RAM) decline.
- There are too many applications that begin at some stage in the windows startup.
- There are problems associated with POS within the windows registry.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks errors 1706
Following solutions are to be had to troubleshoot QuickBooks error Code 1706.
- Use the System File Checker tool
Follow those steps –
- Click on the start inside the bottom left of your display screen.
- Type these words in the seek box – Command prompt or cmd.
- Inside the seek results, do a right-click on Command activate.
- Select Run as administrator alternative. If required enter the administrator password.
- If your desktop is using Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1 or 8 operating system, you have to run the DISM tool before running it for the System File Checker (SFC) tool.
- Now you have to Type SFC in the Command prompt window.
- Press the enter key at the keyboard.
- The System file checker (SFC) device will scan and then restore corrupted system documents.
- The Command prompt window should now not be closed until the verification procedure is completely finished.
- Now, take a look at whether QuickBooks error 1706 is occurring.
- Use the Microsoft Fixit tool
Microsoft fixes it’s miles as a great tool developed by Microsoft to repair troubles, together with corrupted windows registry keys, that make it hard for a user to install or remove programs. This tool is not supported with the aid of Microsoft, so that you must use another device known as Microsoft program install and Uninstall Troubleshooter. To apply this tool, comply with those steps –
- First of all, visit the Microsoft internet site to download the tool.
- Click at the download button
- A file download dialog field gets opened.
- Now, choose both save or Open.
- Run this tool as an administrator.
- Take a look at whether QuickBooks POS error 1706 are appearing now or not.
Read more:-QuickBooks Help
- You have to need Install QuickBooks POS again
Uninstalling and reinstalling point of Sale may also repair QuickBooks POS errors 1706. To put in QB POS, observe these steps –
- First of all, go to QuickBooks desktop point of Sale download the web page and download it. If you have an unscratched installation CD that does not have any symptoms of damage, you can use it.
- After downloading, navigate to the location in which you have saved the downloaded QB point of Sale executable file. Ideally, it should be on your computer’s computer.
- Double-click on the executable file with a view to run the POS software program installation.
- If you see a message asking you to overwrite the prevailing extracted files, click on the yes to All alternative.
- Click on the following button so that the installation technique can start.
- Receive the software program License settlement and after that click on the next button.
- Now, you’ll be caused to type your License and Product numbers.
- After that click on the subsequent button.
Now, you will be asked whether you want to use single or multiple computer systems with QB POS. If a single user desires to use POS, choose the most effective computer. If multiple users need to use POS, you have to choose.Multiple computers and choose from the two options – Server workstation or client workstation. A Server workstation is chargeable for creating and keeping your QB enterprise records. Client workstation acts as the cash sign in that enables clients in daily sales. Take into consideration that if in any case, you want to exchange POS software program installation type from server to Client workstation or vice versa, you’re required to first uninstall after which reinstall POS.
- Click on at the install button to keep. If in case, you need to return to the preceding screen, click on the back button.
- After the installation process is over, restart your laptop.
- Subsequently, activate QB POS.
- Now, see if you are getting QuickBooks error1706.
- Update QuickBooks point of Sale
Comply with the steps given under to update QuickBooksPOS the latest launch-
- Navigate to the Downloads & update web page at the Intuit’s QuickBooks internet site.
- Select QB point of Sale as the product in the Product drop-down menu.
- Subsequent, you have to select the edition.
- After deciding on the edition, you need to choose a version or yr.
- Now, click on the seek button.
- Click at the link with the name – Get the latest updates.
- Whilst triggered, save the report.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to install the updates.
- Restart windows after you’ve installed the updates.
- Check and see if the error still persists then you can contact Quickbooks Support.