If you have been using a MacBook for quite a lot of time, you must be familiar with the water damage problem. This is one of the most common Macbook problems that happens with almost every user. You may accidentally put a glass of water on your device, or your device got wet while traveling in rain, or in extreme cases, you accidentally drop your device in a water pot or a bucket. Well, like all other technical problems, this also has certain solutions, which will be discussed here.
Besides, you can always search for the “MacBook repair service in Lucknow” on Google and seek expert assistance!
A water-damaged Mac device will certainly not work smoothly like a normal device and when it has gotten wet, searching the solution on that particular device will do more harm to it. If the requisite solution and steps are unknown to you, then you may follow the steps that are mentioned in the below section since it will help to resolve the problem.
Draining The Water from MacBook:
When the Macbook is completely turned off, the very first step that you have to do is drain the water from your MacBook. Depending upon the Macbook model, there are two ways to do the drainage procedure. Whether your device is a Macbook Air or a Macbook Pro model before 2018 or before 2013, the tent position method is to be applied in order to drain the water. While in case of a retina display an alternative method should be used. Essentially, you need to drain the MacBook by placing it on a flat surface with an edge such as a table or benchtop. In this way, you can execute a proper apple repair service on your own by following such simple steps.
Using Tent Method:
With a more robust screen on the past models, the drainage system is easy to use. The older version is more effective with a more robust screen where you can safely place the device in a “tent” position to drain the liquid from underneath it.
There is an aluminium frame protection on the display of the pre-2018 Macbook air models and in the case of the pre-2013 Mackbook pro, there’s a glass covering on the display. These covering protection prevent the screens from water damage.
Bench Top Method:
The bench top method works for any types of Mackbook devices. It’s a top-notch apple repair service method for draining the water from the MacBook, while you must be careful about the device manufacturing year. As the pre-2013 has a retina display, the bench top won’t be applied there. Before carrying the drainage process you must check whether your Mac device has a retina display by looking at the serial number.
You have to find a flat surface with an edge such as a bench top or table. As the MacBook screen will on the edge, you must line up the surface close to the edge with dry and soft paper towels. Then you may then open your MacBook at a 90 degrees angle. Next, by placing the display section of your MacBook face down on the surface, so that the keyboard section hangs over the edge. Be careful in making sure your MacBook does not fall over. You must be cautious that your Macbook doesn’t fall down.
Here are also some precautions that needed to be taken before executing the draining process.
● You must not put your MacBook in a pot of rice. However, it’s a very old solution of every household, to put any wet object into a pot of rice. The reason behind this is the bunch of rice will soak and absorb the amount of water. Though putting your Macbook in rice won’t make any serious damage to the device, it definitely won’t help either.
● We usually think to shake any wet object to remove the water from it. However in the case of the Macbook, when it’s water damaged, try to avoid shaking it to remove the water. Executing this will let the water spread all through the Macbook internal device causing more damage.
● People often just try to switch on their Macbook to check whether it’s working o not. But when a cup of water has fallen on any MacBook, the minerals and other components of water lead to damage further by corrupting the electronic circuit board.
The abovementioned apple repair service methods are very easy to execute and following this you certainly able to remove the water from the device. But trying faulty methods or extensive technical things on your own can lead to damage to your Macbook. In case you can’t able to execute these steps on your own, you may visit any Macbook store and execute MacBook repairing service with the help of professional ones.
On the other hand, you can also search for the most reliable apple store or “MacBook and iPhone repair Lucknow” on Google and resolve all the issues related to your Macc device!
What not to do
Now that we’ve looked at steps that can help you limit water damage, let’s look at some things you definitely shouldn’t do:
- Do not turn your Mac back on. Chances are you’re in panic mode and desperate to find out whether your MacBook is toast. However, trying to power up your Mac is the worst thing you can do at this point. Electricity can cause more damage and may even be dangerous. It’s not easy, but it’s vital that you avoid the temptation to power up your MacBook until it’s completely dry.
- Do not shake your MacBook. You may be frustrated, but shaking your laptop will only spread the liquid around. It may even force the water into more delicate areas of your MacBook, causing more corrosion and damage.
- Forget the hair dryer. While this may seem like a great way to hasten the drying process, in reality it has little real impact, and direct heat may even damage your Mac’s sensitive components.
- Ignore the old urban legend of using rice. There’s a widely held assumption that rice will draw moisture from devices. While this may work for your phone, applying a coating of rice to your Mac isn’t going to pull moisture from core components such as the battery and circuit board. If only fixing a waterlogged Mac was that easy!
How to safeguard your MacBook in the future
Spilling liquid on your laptop is a serious accident. Even if you do manage to recover your laptop, you’ll want to ensure it never happens again!
To help safeguard your MacBook, we recommend investing in a waterproof laptop skin with ventilation holes for both halves of the case, a clear plastic or silicone keyboard cover, and a waterproof screen protector.
Hopefully, the above methods can help you fix your water-damaged MacBook. If you’re looking to bolster your MacBook setup, then please visit our site.
What to not do
Now that we’ve checked out steps which will assist you limit water damage, let’s check out some belongings you definitely shouldn’t do:
• Do not turn your Mac back on. likelihood is that you’re in panic mode and wanting to determine whether your MacBook is toast. However, trying to power up your Mac is that the worst thing you’ll do at now . Electricity can cause more damage and should even be dangerous. It’s tough , but it’s vital that you simply avoid the temptation to power up your MacBook until it’s completely dry.
• Do not shake your MacBook. you’ll be frustrated, but shaking your laptop will only spread the liquid around. it’s going to even force the water into more delicate areas of your MacBook, causing more corrosion and damage.
• Forget the hand blower . While this might appear to be an excellent thanks to hasten the drying process, actually it’s little real impact, and direct heat may even damage your Mac’s sensitive components.
• Ignore the old urban legend of using rice. There’s a widely held assumption that rice will draw moisture from devices. While this might work for your phone, applying a coating of rice to your Mac isn’t getting to pull moisture from core components like the battery AND circuit board. If only fixing a waterlogged Mac was that easy!
How to safeguard your MacBook within the future
Spilling liquid on your laptop may be a serious accident. albeit you are doing manage to recover your laptop, you’ll want to make sure it never happens again!
To help safeguard your MacBook, we recommend investing during a waterproof laptop skin with ventilation holes for both halves of the case, a transparent plastic or silicone keyboard cover, and a water-proof screen protector.
Hopefully, the above methods can assist you fix your water-damaged MacBook. If you’re looking to bolster your MacBook setup, then please visit our site.
These are some basic steps anyone should follow to resolve the battery charging problem. If any user won’t able to do the repairing on his own, then it is better to take professional help or visit the Macbook service center. Try unknowing technical steps with the Macbook device may cause further damage.