If you are running on a tight budget for your wedding and looking to cut down the costs then making your own cheap wedding bouquet can be the best option. Weddings are beautiful but definitely an expensive affair. Being a bride, you can save money on your wedding by making your own bouquet.
So, are you residing in Manila and looking for an online store that provides fresh flower delivery in manila? Take the help of the internet where with just a mouse click you can find several florists.
Wedding flowers are considered the most important part of the bridal look and creating your own bouquet means you will have something which is meaningful and significant. So, do you want to know how to make wedding bouquets with fresh flowers? Just keep on reading the blog.
Making your own wedding bouquet will not save your money but also the time at the same time because you can easily get the fresh flowers delivered at your home in a short time that too at a pocket-friendly price.
Also Read: SEO vs SMO: Do you know the difference?
What all you require for making a cheap wedding bouquet?
In order to make a wedding bouquet, you require a few things including:
- 30 to 60 stems of hardy flowers such as rose
- Paper towels
- Rubber bands or green waxed floral tape
- Ribbon of your choice that is almost 1 to 2 inches wide
- Stem stripper
- Stem cutter or sharp knife
- Straight pins or pearl-tipped corsage pins
Below-stated are few steps that can help you to make a cheap wedding bouquet easily at home.
- Using your hands or a stem stripper in order to eliminate all the additional foliage and thorns. Make sure that all the damaged and unattractive outer petals are also removed.
- Now fill a bucket with water and by holding the stems underwater make use of the stem cutter to cut all the stems at an angle which is almost 2 inches from the bottom.
- Now for few seconds leave the flower’s stem underwater and then take it out and place the stems in a bucket that is half-filled with cool water. Do not take it out until and unless you are ready to use it.
- However, if you are working with roses and their heads are not open then you can place the blooms in a bucket of hot water for a few minutes just before using it. In this way, the blooms will open.
Collecting the flowers
- By using your one hand, take only one stem at a time and then with the other hand hold the flowers in place securely.
- In order to make the center of the bouquet, first, collect four flowers at even height so that perfect square shape is formed.
- Now assemble all the other flowers one by one around the center flowers to create a flawless dome shape bouquet.
- Consequently, if you want to see what your bouquet will look like in your hand then while making the wedding bouquet just stand in front of the mirror and observe how the form is progressing.
Securing the wedding bouquet
- Now it is the time for you to secure your wedding bouquet by using a rubber band or a floral tape in order to bind the stems at the spot where they certainly join i.e. almost three to four inches below the flower heads.
- Towards the end of the stems, you need to repeat the binding by leaving almost 2 inches of additional steam below the bind so that it can be trimmed later.
- Now place the stems in water and then wrap them later.
Finish the handle
- Cut the stem ends in order to make all the stems of the same length of about 7-8 inches long.
- Once you have cut down the extra stem dry off each stem using a paper towel.
- Now cut the ribbon which is three times long as the length of the stems.
- Start wrapping in a spiral down the length of the stem, once you have folded the end of the ribbon inside the top bind.
- After reaching the bottom of the stem, wrap the ribbon in a spiral style.
- By using pins, properly secure the ribbon into the stems so that it does not come out. If you want a bow, then simply cut a separate length of a ribbon and tie it below the flower heads after making it in a bow shape.
Time for preserving the bouquet
- Until and unless you leave for the ceremony, wrap the wedding bouquet properly in a tissue and place it in a refrigerator so that flowers look fresh and beautiful.
Therefore, by following these steps you can easily make a wedding bouquet without spending much money. With the help of the internet, you can also find a reliable and topmost florist in manila who delivers fresh flowers.