In this guide, we will discuss the quick and easy way to import pst file to Office 365 cloud’s mailbox. Here, we will demonstrate the working of Office 365 PST import tool to perform the task easily. And, you will also get the why automated tool is recommended for organizations instead of the manual solution.
Overview to Import PST File to Office 365 Cloud’s Mailbox
This article will help you to migrate Outlook data to Office 365 quickly and safely. You also can learn about a professional tool that can help you in easily importing your PST file to Office 365 mailboxes.
Why do we need to Import Outlook PST to Office 365?
- PST file data, when imported to Office 365 mailboxes, is accessible from anywhere and from any device.
- Office 365 provides a safe cloud storage location – so data is safe from PST file issues and Windows corruption issues.
- No need of Outlook – users can access the data using their web browsers. So, it will save the cost of installing the Outlook application.
- Storing data in Office 365 is reliable because there is no limitation of storage as with the PST files.
- It is safe from unauthorized access as only the account holder can access the Office 365 mailbox.
Methods for Importing PST files to Office 365
There are two manual methods through which you can import PST file to Office 365 webmail:
- Network Upload using Azure AzCopy tool: This method helps you upload PST files to Office 365 with the help of Azure AzCopy tool. This manual method is a little complicated, as you have to install Azure AzCopy tool, copy SAS URL, upload the PST file, and create PST import a mapping file in the format specified by Microsoft. Non- technical users cannot use this method as it has many complicated steps.
- Office 365 Drive Shipping: In Office 365 PST drive shipping method, the user needs to copy his PST data to a hard disk drive then ship it to Microsoft. This method also has some complicated steps as in the first method. Additionally, this method is time-consuming as data has to be shipped to Microsoft.
Why Manual Methods are not the Best?
To import PST files to Office 365 using the manual method, you need technical expertise. Also, chances for technical errors are there. So, it always recommended using a professional tool to import multiple PST files into Office 365.
Why Use Automated Tool?
The automated tool allows importing PST file directly into Office 365 account for single and multiple users at a time. You can access this tool with and without an admin account to import pst into your or multiple user accounts. It provides a category filter to move emails, contact, calendar, and other data items from PST files to Office 365 accounts.
Some prominent features of Import PST to Office 365 Tool
Office 365 PST Import tool is a powerful alternative method of Azure AzCopy tool and Microsoft Office 365 Drive Shipping to import PST file to Office 365 online. The tool helps administrators as well as Office 365 end users to import healthy PST & OST files to Office 365.
- Upload Outlook data file (.pst) to Office 365.
- Imports complete Outlook mailbox items including emails, attachments, calendar, etc.
- Allows Office 365 administrators to import all the mailboxes under his account.
- Quickly imports even large-size PST files to cloud Office 365.
- Owns an intuitive graphical user interface with all the step instructions.
- Retains complete data integrity and meta properties of the mailbox items.
- Allow the user to map PST mailboxes with Office 365 mailboxes.
- Filters PST mailbox data and imports selected items to Office 365 (using filters).
- Provides a complete report in CSV format after completion of the import process.
Steps to Import PST File to Office 365 Cloud Using Automated Tool
Step 1: Visit the Official Website to Download the tool
Step 2: Enter Office 365 Admin or User Id for login
Step 3: Add the PST file path into the tool using Add File(s) or Folder Option
Step 4: Set the Category of items to import from PST file(s)
Step 5: Hit the Import button to begin the data transfer process.
This is it! Using these just 5 steps you will be able to import multiple PST files into multiple office 365 accounts simultaneously. Moreover, you can select the type of items to import using the category and date filter of the tool.
Manual techniques like Import Service are free to do that task, but it requires a good amount of experience and time to implement the task. Whereas, the aforementioned automated tool can perform the task quite easily and effortlessly. In just a few clicks organizations can import PST files to Office 365 Cloud. So, choose the method wisely and complete your job without any effort and errors.
More Articles: How to Increase Gmail Storage Space