Research grants for universities helps them in ensuring they are able to meet the global standards in the field of education. And if those research grants are sought for Data Science – one of the lucrative profiles in the field of technology, then it becomes all the more important to do a thorough check on how to get subsidies for the university.
The World Data Science Initiative (WDSI) – in collaboration with thousands of universities and technology schools across continents, is building a worldwide Data Science talent pool. This talent pool of data science professionals is expected to reach 250,000 by the year 2022.
But the question is how to get data science research grants? Before we try and answer this question, let’s have a look at how to apply for research funding. While the application for individual research grant and a university research grant would be different, the basic style remains the same. Here are some of things to be kept in mind.
- Whether you are seeking a grant for yourself or the university it is important that you become familiar with grant writing early on.
- Another important step in applying for research grant is that you need to decide what you most need the money for – what field of research is more lucrative. This is where you need to choose your subject of research – here we are discussing data science research grants.
- After the top two steps you need to signpost your application or the application that you would send on behalf of your university as per the rigor, value for money – whether the research would be worthy of spending huge amount of money on it, the kind of impact it would have on the society and last but not the least what would be the scientific interest – in this case data science.
- Whether you are writing for yourself or writing on behalf of your organization, it is imperative to stay focused and to avoid jargon. Stick to the point and stop using jargon in the content.
- When writing a grant application, the expert researchers and reviewers advice you to not to be afraid and ask questions. Funders are easily available to the researchers and you could easily get in touch with them for any queries you have related to your research.
These are a few of the steps that need to be taken care of while applying grants for universities or even for yourself.
Coming back to WDSI – here’s what WDSI is doing!
As discussed earlier the World Data Science Initiative in collaboration with numerous universities and tech institutes plans would be ‘granting over USD300 million in subsidies to institutions. This would help get them accredited and their students certified on the most advanced vendor-neutral data science standards in the world.