McAfee, the best antivirus brand in the entire world has been known for offering great cyber security software. They have make sure to add the enhanced features and also understands the users thus keeping the interface really very simple and easy to use.
The company is playing their part properly, but its time for us to understand that we also need to install the application in the correct manner only otherwise it can end up causing errors that have the ability to affect your computer system.
In this article, we are going to discuss one such common installation error code that many of the McAfee users have faced when they setup their McAfee software. This is McAfee error code 0. The entire McAfee installation stuck when McAfee installation error code 0 occurs and the installer starts displaying a red colored banner along with the message stating “Unable to continue installation”.
For overcoming this issue, we are here offering two solutions that you can apply and can get rid of this error 0. The below mentioned solutions are effective and equally easy to be applied for fixing the installation error code 0 and completing the McAfee installation process.
Solutions for Fixing McAfee Installation Error Code 0
Solution 1 – Using McAfee Pre-Install Tool
The McAfee installation error code 0 can be easily resolved if you use the pre-install tool from the same company. You can follow the steps given below for downloading and installing the pre-install tool that can surely help you completing the installation process.
- Go to the official website page of McAfee for downloading the McAfee pre-install tool.
- You have to save the “pre-install_tool.exe” file on a temporary location in your computer system.
- If you have any other security software that can affect McAfee, then please uninstall it from your system.
- Now, restart your computer first and then run the pre-install tool.
- After running the pre-install tool, re-install the McAfee security software and check if the installation error code 0 has been resolved or not.
Solution 2 – Running McAfee Virtual Technician
McAfee has designed Virtual Technician as an automated tool that is used for identifying and fixing the most commonly occurred errors with McAfee software. You have to follow the given below steps to run this tool and resolve the installation error code 0.
- Go to the official website of McAfee to download the MVT tool.
- Once the download is completed, double click on the “mvt.exe.” file from the download folder and hit the run button.
- When the pop up appears, select the “allow MVT to run” option.
- Let the tool install.
- After the installation is done, MVT scans your system.
- You can also click on the “auto fix” option and follow the instructions and pop ups to continue resolving the installation error code 0.
Activate a McAfee Product Subscription with a Retail Card
The process of activating your McAfee product subscription with a retail card is not at all difficult and can be easily performed by you. We have tried and simplify the steps for you so that it won’t be a hassle for any of the McAfee buyers to activate their product subscription using a retail card.
The steps required to activate McAfee product subscription is as mentioned below:
Step 1 – You have to open the web browser of your choice and need to visit the link given on your retail card. Or you can follow the following steps:
- Go to the given link: home.mcafee.com.
- Go to the upper right corner and click on the account tab.
- Next is to hit the Redeem your retail card button.
- Now, you are supposed to enter the activation code that is present on your retail card and then click on the submit button.
- Enter your email address in the next step.
- Finally, click on the next button.
Step 2 – You will be asked to choose your country and language. The registration page has the location detection facility and thus it selects your correct region automatically. But, its always better to check the region before you proceed, in case if it has read it wrong.
Step 3 – You need to enter the following details:
- Activation code, given on your retail card.
- Your email address.
Step 4 – Click on the submit button.
Step 5 – A pop up window will appear. You will be asked to confirm your email address. In case, if it’s not correct, follow the steps given below:
- You can return to the previous screen for changing your email address by clicking on the edit button.
- Now, re-enter your correct email address.
Step 6 – Click on the verify button. The process of activating your subscription for McAfee product is successfully done now.
Step 7 – You all you need to do is to keep on following the on screen pop up windows for creating a McAfee account and for installing the McAfee software on your computer system or laptop.
In case of any errors, you can connect with us.
Enable/ Disable your McAfee Product Tamper Protection?
McAfee has come up with the McAfee product tamper protection that is an extremely important tool for the security purposes of your computer data. A person can never be so careful when it comes to comuter data and keeping this in mind McAfee has moved a step forward from antivirus support to product tamper protection.
McAfee Product Tamper Protection is the tool that can be used for protecting the McAfee software present in your system. It prevents the outside programs from making changes in the already existing McAfee software.
The enabling and disabling process of the McAfee product tamper protection is an easy process still is one of the most searched questions on internet under computer security category. Here we have answered the questions like how to enable McAfee protection and how to disable McAfee protection in easy steps. Follow them carefully.
Steps to Enable McAfee Protection & Disable McAfee Protection
The steps can be different depending upon the McAfee product and its version.
For McAfee 360
- Visit the start menu of your computer system.
- Run the McAfee 360 program.
- Hit on the settings tab.
- Wait for the settings window to open.
- Once open, hit on the Quick Controls and search for tamper protection.
- Go to the checkbox and uncheck the “McAfee product tamper protection”.
- Hit on the apply button to save the changes and then click on the ok button to complete the process.
For McAfee Antivirus or Internet Security
- Go to the program icon and click on the McAfee product to start it.
- Go to the McAfee program settings and continue.
- Now, open the settings window, and visit the general tab.
- Now, go on the left pane and search for product security option, once found, click on it.
- Now, check for the status indicator, present near to the McAfee product tamper protection option.
- In case, if the indicator is “on”, then you can click on it once for turning it off. The vice versa can be done for turning it on.
- Hit apply and ok to save all the changes.
Windows 7 OS Microsoft Security Essentials gives truth be told, exceptionally fundamental security insurance for your Windows 7 OS introduced PCs. Comodo Windows Antivirus guarantees total malware protection with advanced features, for example, Cloud-based Security, Next Generation Security, Auto Sandbox Technology and Unlimited Live Expert help for virus cleaning and virus examining.
Also Read :