If your day has started with you staring at the Blue Screen of Death, then it is undoubtedly not going well. However, if your BSOD was caused by windows 10 inaccessible boot device, then we may be of some help to you.
Inaccessible boot device windows 10 error is unluckily standard, one that has taken place across a range of Windows operating systems, including Windows 8/8.1, XP, etc. Undoubtedly, there can be several reasons for this error.
In this windows 10 inaccessible boot device error, the system shuts itself down automatically to protect data from possibly getting corrupted. Like in all the other BSOD errors, the inaccessible boot device windows 10 error also results in a blue screen with a message of an error. This error often indicates that the OS has lost access to the system’s data or boot partitions during the startup.
Common reasons behind Windows 10 inaccessible boot device error
This error is mainly occurred in Windows system due to Resetting the PC after keeping or removing all the files. This option can be accessed from system’s Settings>Update and Security>Recovery in your Windows 10system. The error is also found after the up-gradation of previous Windows OS to the latest one if computer randomly restarts windows 10.
Although there are many reasons behind this windows 10 inaccessible boot device error, some of the common causes that we have found are given below:
- At the top list is Driver conflicts between the hardware.
- Misconfigured or Corrupted device drivers.
- Corrupted Windows registry files.
- Corrupted system data.
- Problems in the BIOS.
- Damaged hardware (RAM or hard disk).
- Wrong or loosely connected data cables within the system.
- Faulty or interrupted OS upgradation.
How do I fix inaccessible boot device windows 10?
Below are some of the methods or solutions to fix Windows 10 inaccessible boot device error. Follow the instructions carefully without leaving any step behind.
Fix I: Reflash Basic Input Output System
In often cases, inaccessible boot device windows 10 error occurs due to the corrupted Basic Input Output System. If you are also encountering the same problem, try and reflash the BIOS and check if it has been resolved. Keep in mind that reflashing BIOS is an advanced process, and it can cause permanent damage if you do not follow the procedure carefully.
Fix II: Check Faulty Hardware
BSOD errors can sometimes happen because of certain hardware, most commonly RAM, so if you are getting windows 10 inaccessible boot device errors, make sure you keep in check the RAM. If your RAM works perfectly fine, then check other major components such as your motherboard or hard drive.
Fix III: Windows 10 Reset
You can quickly fix the windows 10 inaccessible boot device error if it is caused by specific software. To do that, you need to perform Windows 10 reset. You need to keep in mind that this process will delete all the files you have in your C drive, so be sure to backup your data of the default gateway is not available.
Now, follow the steps given below to perform a Windows 10 reset:
- First of all, restart your computer while it boots. This should start the Automatic Repair mode. Now, select the Troubleshoot option followed by Reset this PC and finally Remove everything.
- If you are prompted to insert the Windows 10 installation media, then kindly follow it. After that, select the ‘Only the drive where Windows is installed’ and then ‘Remove my files’ option and click the Reset button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the reset process to complete.
Fix IV: Activate AHCI Mode in BIOS
According to the Windows users, you can quickly fix inaccessible boot device windows 10 error by enabling or activating AHCI mode in the BIOS. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Keep pressing F2 or Del button to enter BIOS while your computer is booting. Once you enter BIOS, navigate to the Advanced section and then change Set AHCI Mode to Enabled.
- Next, set the AHCI Mode Control to Auto and save changes and finally, restart your PC.
Fix V: Safe Mode
If the above methods did not help you, you could try this fix for windows 10 inaccessible boot device error. Follow this process to go Safe mode on your PC. Below are the steps:
- First of all, restart your computer while it is booting. Do this till you start Automatic Repair. Now, select the Troubleshoot option and then Advanced Options. After that, go to the Startup Settings and click on the Restart button.
- Once your PC restarts, you will see a list of options. You need to press 5 or F5 to enter into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Check if your PC works correctly in the Safe Mode. If there seems to be no problem, you can use the Safe Mode to uninstall or update specific drivers or applications that might be causing the error.
Fix VI: Run BSOD Troubleshooter
In case any of the above methods don’t resolve the problem, then try Windows 10 built-in troubleshooting tool. To run Windows 10 troubleshooter, follow the steps given below:
- First, open the Settings application and then go to the Update & Security section. Now, select the Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- After that, select BSOD from the right-hand side and click on the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter.
The above solutions will help you fix the windows 10 inaccessible boot device error. If you think the problem exists, then you should disable adobe genuine software integrity service of your system.
If none of the above troubleshooting methods have fixed your problem, then you can opt for some other troubleshooting methods, such as update your faulty drivers or enable the AHCI mode in your system BIOS repair this issue.
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 685,549 readers this month.
BIOS is one of the most important components of your PC since it’s in charge of starting your PC and checking your hardware.
Unfortunately, problems with BIOS can occur, and they can prevent your system from booting.Ad
BIOS corruption can be a serious problem, but there are few ways to fix that on your Windows 10 PC. If your PC is still under warranty, be sure to take it to the repair center and ask them if they can fix the problem.
Corrupted BIOS can be a serious problem, but we hope that you managed to fix it by using one of our solutions. You may also need to reset the motherboard to its default settings after flashing it. You can do this by either holding down the motherboard BIOS reset button for 15-30 seconds or by removing the silver battery from the motherboard and leaving the system unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.