QuickBooks Error OL-222 indicates that QuickBooks has not received a justifiable response from the server of your financial institution. A parsing error occurrence in the response of the server can be the major cause. This is often caused by one or more characters in the .qbo file that aren’t amenable to the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) standard for trading financial data with QuickBooks.
If you are looking to get fast and effective resolutions, dial +1 (800) 314-0226
How can users efficiently handle Intuit QB error message code OL-222?
These error messages are caused due to a variety of reasons. The solutions to combat this are below-listed –
Solution 1: Update to the latest released version.
- Update your QuickBooks version to its latest released one.
- Back up the QuickBooks company file.
- .Import the .qbo file extension once again.
Solution 2: Correct any invalid formatting.
QuickBooks banking error OL-222 is a commonly faced error that can be solved through these steps.
- An example of invalid characters would be ‘&’. By properly editing the .qbo file in Text Edit and eradicating all instances of this, QuickBooks can properly import the file.
- If there are any formatting issues, contact your financial institution for further assistance. The financial institution itself provides the .qbo file download, and they need to be made aware of the situation.
- QuickBooks follows a set of OFX guidelines as compounded by the OFX Consortium. If a certain financial institution doesn’t adhere to these guidelines, QuickBooks will not be able to import the requisite .qbo file downloads and QuickBooks online banking error OL-222 may pop up.
Solution 3: Download a new FIDIR.txt file
Some QuickBooks users may experience QuickBooks error message OL-222 due to certain irregularities within the system. The following steps can provide a solution –
Note: Make a quick backup of your company file before carrying out this solution and close out your QuickBooks.
- Hold the Control key and choose the version of QuickBooks you’re using to download the correct file. Download QuickBooks for Mac(if using) and select Download Linked File As option, then save it to the Desktop.
- Move the old FIDIR.txt to the Trash Bin and empty it.
FIDR # 1
- Press the Option key and then go to the Finder menu bar, select Go > Library.
- Browse the Download folder post opening the user’s Library folder.
- Drag aforementioned FIDIR.txt to the Trash Bin.
- Empty the Trash Bin.
FIDR # 2
- From the top menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- Select the Control key and then select QuickBooks 20XX.
- In the contextual menu, choose Show Package Contents.
- In the new window that will open, double-click on the Contents folder.
- Open up the Resources folder.
- Find the “FIDIR.txt” file and move it to the Trash Bin.
- Empty the Trash.
3. Copy and Paste the new FIDIR.txt file that you have saved onto the Desktop into both the Resources and Downloads folder as described above.
4. Import the .qbo file.
How to fix QuickBooks Error OL-222 in three simple steps?
- QB error can frustrate you so much. But in this post, we’ll discuss how you can fix QuickBooks Error OL-222 in three simple steps.
- Automatically or manually update the QB accounting software to the latest release.
- Fix the issues with the ‘.QBO’ file formatting.
- Copy the entire text from the FIDIR.txt file and paste it into a new file, then delete the old one.
Still Unable to resolve QuickBooks Error OL-222?
QuickBooks is a viable solution widely used by small or mid-sized businesses and freelance professionals to fulfill their accounting needs.This error is often caused by one or more characters in the .qbo file that aren’t amenable to the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) standard for trading financial data with QuickBooks, causing QuickBooks error code message OL-222.
Error OL-222 shows that QuickBooks isn’t getting a legitimate reaction from the monetary establishment’s worker. QuickBooks Error OL-222 frequently happens when the Software discovered at least one characters in the ‘.QBO’ file that isn’t appropriate with the QB unable to verify Financial Institution (OFX) format for moving Financial information with QuickBooks online banking error OL-222.
If at this stage, your error continue to remain unsolved, get in touch with QuickBooks Support for practical solutions or call +1 (800) 314-0226 to contact our experts.