TurboTax is one of the worldwide known tax preparation software for annual income tax return filing. The program can be accessed either via PC software or TurboTax online. For those who are looking for software installation and the associated issues like TurboTax not working, this guide will let you know all the guidelines you might not know from any other such guide. Here we go!
Learn About How to Install the Program TurboTax on PC
Whether you’re Windows or Mac user, even though there is a slight difference, you can install TurboTax 2020 effortlessly from this guide.
Step 1: If you’ve TurboTax CD/DVD, insert it into the CD drive of your Windows connected PC. If it doesn’t launch the small window on the screen, navigate through the File Explorer and open the installer.
Note: If you don’t have CD/DVD, you can download the (.exe) software file from the TurboTax official website.
Step 2: Right-click on the TurboTax CD drive and select the run option to start the process involving the program installation.
Step 3: Follow the promptsto proceed into the “Next.”
Step 4: Once the installation part is over, you’re needed to activate the program. With the license code having 16-character that you can get from the back of the CD or in your email if you’ve downloaded the program from the official website.
Step 5: After activation, it’s time to check the program by double-clicking on the icon and start filing your return.
- Insert the TurboTax CD/DVD into the CD-drive of your Mac.
- When a pop-up window appears, keep following the instruction and drag the TurboTax checkmark icon to the Applications folder when you’re asked to.
- Activate the program with the license code in the provided space after the installation is over. The code is usually a 16-character combination of letters and numbers.
- Now, you can run the program from the applications section of your Mac PC and start filing your annual return.
Can I Install TurboTax 2020 on more than two devices?
Being one of the most-user friendly tax calculating software, TurboTax gives innumerable advantages to the users. Now, you can easily install TurboTax 2020 on more than two devices easily and hassle-freely. However, you need to be aware of certain rules related to installing TurboTax on multiple device. Here, we have tried to help you out by providing you the best information related TT installation on more than two devices. So, if you wish to do so, take a look at the pointers below:
Points to remember while installing TurboTax on Multiple Device:
- You can install the latest version of TurboTax up to three personal computers
- It is only for non commercial purposes and for personal use
- You can e-file up to 5 Federal Tax returns and 3 State Tax Returns
- You will be able to print as many as you want a single license
- TurboTax Personal tax preparation should not be used for commercial purposes
- In case of an online version, you can e-file on Federal return and up to 5 state returns
- You will be able to print as many as you want a single license with TurboTax Online
Now, if you want to install, you can do it right away. But, try to remember the points as given above before getting started with the process of installation. Moreover, you can easily convert tax2pdf and PDF2Tax as many times as you want on both online and desktop version.
How to Deal with TurboTax Not Responding Issue?
There are times when your program gets corrupted, and you are needed to troubleshoot the issue. However, if you’re unable to do that, here are the guidelines you should follow to get it done.
- Make sure that the installed TurboTax program is up-to-date. When the update is finished, you can see the outcome.
- While signing in to your record, in case you’re confronting the issue, ensure that both the credentials have been entered correctly.
- Ensure that you computer is not running with any such programs that interfere the program operation.
- Clean up the junk files stored in the system, which could have been the reason behind the issue. So it is your duty to clean all the junk files and launch the program to see if it works.
- If you’re using TurboTax online and the password you’re entering is showing wrong, you must recover your account with a new password.
- The issue could be found if your device is running with security firewalls. So temporarily turning them off will much more helpful.
With the above technical workarounds, your issue with the TurboTax not working will be sorted away. If you need any assistance from any of the professional members, you can contact our team directly and get the right assistance.