Developed & marketed by intuit, QuickBooks is one of the most chosen accounting & bookkeeping applications among small and medium-sized business organizations. It provides facilities like sending email through QuickBooks but sometimes while sending an email, users encounter an error QuickBooks Outlook is not responding.
The error occurs whenever there is a misconfiguration in windows settings or any unwanted issues are found. In that situation, what happens is outlook starts freezing when trying to send an email. If you are also struggling with the same, then stick to this article till the end and execute the mentioned steps properly to avoid any consequences.
Highlighted factors in this article
- Here’s why QuickBooks email outlook is not responding
- Possible grounds for QuickBooks email outlooks is not responding error
- Important points to keep in mind
- Procedure to fix QuickBooks email manager outlook is not responding
Here’s why QuickBooks email outlook is not responding
The outlook email manager uses Microsoft outlook for sending emails utilizing QuickBooks. The outlook manages the email of Microsoft that helps the third-party application to send & receive emails. QB uses outlook mainly for sending invoices, forms, letters, and other important documents.
Users can utilize it as a default email client. It is one of the easiest and strong email clients as it is one of the most advantageous features of the QB provided to its users.
Possible grounds for QuickBooks email outlooks is not responding error
The outlook is not responding shows up whenever there is an improper setting of IE or email preferences. There are more reasons for the error to occur.
- Improper setting of email in QuickBooks
- Incorrect email setting in Internet Explorer on your windows.
- One of the reasons can be firewall settings as it doesn’t permit QB to communicate with any third-party application.
- Damaged installation of the QB can also lead to this error.
- QB desktop not upgraded to the latest version.
- Damaged email configuration MAPI32.dll file or can’t be located on the PC.
- Credentials must have got changed as it is required for QuickBooks and outlook to communicate correctly.
- If the email client is running in the background process, when trying to send an email via the application might lead to an error.
Important points to keep in mind
Before resolving QuickBooks email outlook is not responding error, you need to keep some essential points in mind, i.e., change system settings and also upgrade the newest version of MS Office 365. Below are the steps provided for the same.
STEP 1 – Change the system setting for repairing the issue
- First of all, right-click on the QB desktop.
- Now, to open the help window, press the F2 key followed by F3 from your keyboard.
- After that, search for the open file tab, and from there, right-click on the QBW.INI file.
- Once the file gets opened in notepad, add a fresh line at the end of the text.
- Further, tap on that specific file and ensure that it is saved.
- Once the file is saved, close the notepad.
- Finally, reopen the QuickBooks.
STEP 2 – Upgrade MS Office 365 to the newest version
- To begin with, right-click on Outlook.
- Now, from the File tab, choose the office account and also the about outlook button.
- Verify that the newest version of build 1527 .20242 gets displayed on your computer screen.
- Next, for upgrading to the newest version, you need to tap on update options.
- To proceed, move your cursor to the update now option.
- At last, right-click on the QB and try to mail reports or transactions via QuickBooks.
Procedure to fix QuickBooks email manager outlook is not responding
PROCEDURE 1 – Run QuickBooks in Administrative mode
- To begin with, you need to close QuickBooks and then click on the Windows start button.
- From the search box, type QuickBooks.
- Now, open QuickBooks and choose the Open file location.
- Find out the QuickBooks.exe file and then click on it.
- After that, from the drop-down menu, hit on properties.
- Choose Compatibility and also ensure that the Run this program as administrator box is unmarked.
- In the end, click on apply and then OK to complete the task.
PROCEDURE 2– Fix MAPI32.dll file
- Firstly, close all the ongoing programs running in the background of your desktop.
- Open windows file manager and search C:\ Windows\ System32 Folder
- Now, find out for Fixmapi.exe file, double-tap on it.
- Wait patiently until the repairmen of the MAPI32.dll file is completed. Again try to send an email from QB.
PROCEDURE 3 – Choose Outlook as an email option
- First of all, you need to start by launching QuickBooks and then open the company file.
- Now, go to the menu bar. From there, hit on the edit menu.
- From the preferences option, choose the send forms option.
- Select the My preferences tab and then click on outlook as an email option.
- Tap on the OK button, now exit from the company file and also the QuickBooks application.
PROCEDURE 4 – Upgrade your QuickBooks & Windows
- Initially, start by changing the QuickBooks into the non-administrative mode.
- From your desktop, right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, go to the menu and then choose properties.
- Now, select compatibility.
- Further, uncheck the run this program as an administrator box.
- Right-click on the QB application and then upgrade it.
- Upgrade your windows and restart the system.
- At last, open QuickBooks and try sending an email now.
PROCEDURE 5 – Run clean install tool
- At first, take an exit from each application and store all the work that is not saved before closing the applications.
- After that, right-click on the Task Manager and close every QB process going.
- Now, you need to name all the QuickBooks software and program files again using a clean install tool.
- Next, start the tour system again.
- In the end, for the folder that wasn’t named earlier, you need to name that folder again manually.
PROCEDURE 6- Fix QuickBooks Outlook is not Responding
- To begin the troubleshooting steps, close the QuickBooks application and shut down all the company files.
- Now, open the Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon.
- Next, from the available preferences, choose Internet Options.
- After that, open the Programs tab and ensure that you have chosen Outlook as the setting section’s default email program.
- Click on Apply, and then click Ok.
- Finally, close the internet explorer and send an email via QuickBooks.
Note: Majority of our readers also reported facing Error Code OL-222. Its highly recommended to read and follow this article for Efficiently Handle Quickbooks Error OL-222.
Uninstall the QuickBooks software and reboot the system
- First of all, you need to write down the license and product number.
- Then, with the help of the internet, insert the installation disk or download a copy of an installation source.
- Run the installation wizard by following all the on-screen instructions.
- Now, open the QB application and activate the product again.
- Go to the help menu, upgrade your QuickBooks software.
- Finally, right-click on the company file and then try sending the email now.
In this article, we explained different procedures to resolve QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error. If you are still not able to send email via QuickBooks desktop utilizing outlook’s email client, then there is a chance of misconfigured windows that need to be checked thoroughly. Read the article till the end to remove the error.
Hello users! I am an experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisor. I’m here to help you out with all your queries and assist you in resolving QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error manually.