In order to get admission in India’s top-ranking engineering colleges, one should get an exceptionally good JEE score. Without a good JEE score, it would not be possible for you to make your dream come true. So, you need to make sure of concentrating on all the subjects in the best way. Even if you seem to have the slightest doubt, it is quite important to clear it in the best way. But there are some students who commit some mistakes that lead to losing their marks in the exam thereby leading them to feel disappointed as well. If the mistakes are not taken care of to avoid it, there would be lesser chances to crack JEE Advanced. Therefore, you need to put your best foot forward to avoid all the mistakes without fail.
Here are some common mistakes which should be avoided while preparing for JEE Advanced during the last few days of preparation.
- Keeping Chemistry aside– Some students find chemistry boring, especially inorganic and some parts of organic. Never develop such kind of attitude and lower your score. Chemistry is a very scoring section and one can solve this entire section in less than forty minutes and thus can save time for the other sections. So, study this subject properly while revising for JEE Advanced.
- Not using the NCERTs– Candidates can refer the various reference books but should never neglect the NCERT textbooks. These textbooks give all the information in simple terms. Even one day before the examination, never hesitate to open and refer to the NCERT textbooks. CBSE never crosses the boundaries of the syllabus.
- Working more on prepared topics– You might like to learn a few topics thoroughly, but keep in mind that the examination will not be conducted on these topics alone. One should also study the other topics along with the important topics. This goes for all the subjects.
- Keeping the doubts alive– If you keep storing your doubts during this phase of your preparations, then it will only add up to your tensions. Try to solve your doubts then and there or it will become toll late. Never keep your doubts for the last moments. Follow the quotation, ‘Better late than never”.
- Ignoring revision– How you fair in your examination depends mostly on your preparations during the last days. And these days should be devoted completely to revisions and mock tests. It is good to solve many questions during the last days, but revisions should go on simultaneously. Never neglect your revisions.
- Referring new study material– Once candidates clear JEE Main, it becomes obvious that they will prepare more for JEE Advanced. One should start referring to new study materials and books at an early stage, but not during the last days. Reading new study material during the last days will only increase stress and anxiety.
- Building examination stress– Examination stress is another thing that you should try to avoid it any cost. If you are under tremendous pressure and are nervous, then this will only lead to marking the wrong answers. So, always remain calm and composed during your preparations. And give less importance to the results. The results will be taken care of.
- Not preparing a proper time table: Preparing a proper time table is very important. But there are some students who are found to be less attentive to it. For this, it is quite important to make sure of preparing a good time table so that you can focus on every subject on a daily basis without fail. By doing this, it would also help a lot to stay yourself confident for the exam and you can prepare in the best way.
- Not attempting mock tests– Sitting for more than three hours for a single paper is quite a tedious task for students. One can practice this by taking full-length mock tests during the last days of their preparations. The mock test will also help you assess where you stand in the competition. At least, try to attempt two mock tests before you take the examination.
- Least importance to practice– Practicing and solving many questions is required to prepare for your examination, but not sacrificing your revisions. One can be successful in JEE Advanced if they focus both on theory and practice. One should practice problems and prepare for the theory section as well during the last days of JEE Advanced.
- Not motivating yourself– You might be in cloud nine with the success of JEE Main besides other entrance examinations. Keeping all these in mind, one begins to ignore the most important phase in JEE i.e., JEE Advanced. Always stay motivated by reminding yourself that JEE Main alone will not aid in getting admissions in the IITs and NITs. You will have to give your best shot in JEE Advanced too.
- Multiple Reference Books– During preparation for JEE Advanced, some students refer to a lot of books for a better JEE Advanced preparation. Referring to reference books is a good practice, but following numerous books along with the JEE study materials from the coaching institutes can only lead to confusion. And as the examination approaches, it will only become difficult to revise those multiple reference books in limited time. So, instead of buying numerous reference books choose only a few books wisely.
Once you have completed your JEE syllabus, practice and revise all that you have studied for JEE Advanced preparation. But for the initial days of your preparation, refer to a few good reference books which are written in simple languages, better-in-quality and contains a lot of practice papers. Do not start any new reference books during the last days of your preparation as it will not serve you any good, rather it will build anxiety and tension.
- Focusing on two subjects– Many JEE aspirant study selectively like studying for two subjects while preparing for JEE Advanced preparation. It is good to know the JEE syllabus, JEE examination guidelines and weightage of different JEE topics but JEE Advanced cannot be predicted.
So, focusing on just two subjects while you are preparing for JEE Advanced may not help you to score good grades in your examination.
Every IIT aspirants wants a perfect answer for a very important question as to how to crack JEE Advanced 2021. More than 2 lakh candidates appear for 10,998 seats in the 23 IITs annually. Thus, it becomes imperative to have a perfect strategy to crack the examination. JEE Advanced preparation strategy should be made in such a way that the entire syllabus of the examination is completed on time. Also, candidates must keep extra time for revision while planning their strategy.
Below are given some tips and tricks to stand out of the crowd and ace the JEE Advanced examination.
- Know the syllabus and examination pattern– The first step would be to know the JEE Advanced syllabus. Once you are aware of the syllabus, then divide it according to your class 11 and class 12 syllabus. Candidates should also understand the JEE Advanced examination pattern properly to have an idea of the examination. Knowing the number of questions asked, time given and level of difficulty of questions would help you to prepare well for your examination and aid you in cracking the JEE Advanced 2021.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail– A good plan helps candidates to divide the task of preparation into manageable units. This the most important step of making a plan to crack JEE Advanced 2021. Divide the topics class-wise like class 11 and class 12 and then further into weak and strong. The strong topics should be revised and the weaker ones needs to be studied so that they become strong. Check the marking scheme and weightage of the topics, then make your plan down to the last month and stick to this plan.
- Use your time with the intention– Proper time management is one of the essential factors which will help you to reach your goal. So, make everyday a fruitful day in your preparation. One of the top factors that helped the toppers in cracking JEE Advanced is time management and this is not limited to preparation alone. It also comes useful on the examination day when a few hours decide the fate of many. So, time management is one of the crucial factors to crack JEE Advanced 2021.
- Difference between ordinary and extra ordinary is practice– One method to prepare well is to practice a lot. One should keep practicing the JEE Advanced question papers in addition to the JEE Advanced Mock Test put forth by the authorities. Since JEE Advanced has gone online from 2018, it has become all the more important to get used to the online test mode. Practicing allows you to assess your preparation levels and take corrective measures if needed. So, study the chapters, take the test, analyze and then revise. The methodology for how to crack JEE Advanced 2021 can get a real uplift with constant practice.
- Self-evaluation is self enhancement– You should evaluate each and every day. Check how much you have covered in a day and accordingly, adjust your plan. It can be said that not all days are alike and no people are same. So, your plan may vary depending upon what suits you. Check the number of hours you have put in for the day and how much you have studied during those hours. Check where you lost time which could otherwise be used for preparation, revision, etc.
- Good health is the best wealth– Some students try to skip their meals. This only hampers their health. Only a healthy body can produce healthy thoughts and therefore you should take care of your body. Following a good diet would give you enough potential to sit longer for studies and be a multi tasker. Falling sick will take a toll on the health which will ultimately make the body weak and not been able to cope up with anything. There is one important point which should be noted that demotivation may silently creep in due to some bad performance. So, keep yourself safeguarded against this type of negative thoughts that would help you to stay yourself positive in the right manner.
- Distraction is a favorite art of the Devil– Social and entertainment media are some forms of distractions that can be avoided. Keep your mind focused on your goal and try to minimize your presence in these activities. The goal of getting admission in IITs is worthwhile and this will beautifully carve your career. So, keeping your goal in mind, restrict yourself from such type of distractions.
- Stay away from scary books– Any students and teachers may recommend books that can be a bit difficult to grasp. There are some books that prove to be scary and affects the mental health. Although these books may be written by well-known authors, but while you are preparing, refer only those books which you find comfortable. So, you should never try to read any sort of scary or horror books that might also lead to nightmare as well.
- Inspirational figures and stories– Read and watch the interviews of previous years’ toppers and try to imbibe any value from them which you think will benefit you. Each of them has gone through laborious efforts to come shining through. If they can, so can you!
You can try to look forward to visiting online educational websites where you can get a lot of good and useful learning resources for your best preparation of different competitive exams. There are also lots of important tips and tricks along with video tutorials that help you to get a clear idea about it. Even if you are searching for the question papers of the previous years, it would be possible for you to get it from there. So, you can get to know the question patterns that help you in preparing for your exam in the right way. Moreover, you can enroll into the live courses, free and paid courses offered by them to excel your exams in a structured way.