It can be difficult to create an effective website for your business. If you don’t have a strategy for this, you could be spending a lot of money without getting the desired return on the capital you’ve invested.
With a little preparation and effort, you can have a site that works day and night for your business, like a tireless salesperson.
1) Study the target audience, what they are looking for and what they want from you – First ask yourself who the target audience for your site is. What information will he want to obtain when he arrives on your site? How does he expect to navigate your site?
To answer these questions, create ideal customer profiles as part of your marketing plan.
2) Decide what your site will be used for – Determine the function of your site. Do you want to sell online, find new potential customers, or just provide information about your business and your products?. “Maybe you want to combine all of these goals?”
3) Choose a platform – There are two ways to go about growing your website. You can create it yourself using a platform designed for this purpose, or you can leave this task to web developer Ireland. By creating your own site (using a platform like Squarespace, Shopify, or WordPress), you could save money, at least initially, and launch a basic website even with little knowledge.
In the future, however, you may have a hard time optimizing essential aspects of your website. They understand the user experience and the technical requirements for the main interface. The services of a website developer are more expensive, but their experience and know-how will allow your website to deliver the results you want.
4) Set a budget – Make a realistic budget for this project. To get an idea of what it will cost you, talk to other entrepreneurs, consult with trade associations, or speak to professionals in your network. You can also consider financing if you don’t have the necessary funds. To learn how to budget for the creation of your website, read this blog post. Remember that a well-made website is an investment in your business.
5) Ask for proposals – If you decide to use the services of a professional to create your site, consider a few proposals. Ask for references and review past accomplishments of applicants. Make sure the strategy outlined in the proposal matches the way you want the website to work. You may want to pay for training for your team to be able to do your updates in-house. In addition, you need to ensure that you remain in the driver’s seat when it comes to maintaining access to your digital assets.
6) Create Content – Whether you’re developing your website yourself or hiring someone to do it, you need to create content. It must be both interesting, informative and designed to turn Internet users into loyal customers. So consider including high-resolution photos, customer testimonials, demo videos, blogs, and links to social media pages. Present only important information and speak concisely, as visitors shy away from pages filled with text and vague headlines. Always consider what your target audience would like to see on your website.
7) Update and Optimize Your Website Regularly – Online marketing is an ongoing process. As with any marketing effort, you need to monitor your data in order to continually improve your results. To do this, you can use digital tools (like Google Analytics). Check regularly how many people have visited your site and what information they have consulted. You can then use this data to test several types of content and design characteristics to see which ones produce better results.
The creation of the website by a web agency
By asking a web design agency to do the work, you will get a tailor-made website, exactly as you imagine it.
The price to expect to create your professional website depends on many parameters. The specifications that you establish for the professional will allow him to establish a quote.
If you adopt this solution, you should plan to do it a bit in advance because designing a website takes time. In addition, web agencies are rarely immediately available.
An intermediate solution is to use an online platform which offers you a turnkey package: domain name, hosting, website … These services are subject to a subscription to be paid monthly.
This allows you to reduce your website budget but, in return, you will not get a tailor-made site, you will be constrained in its design. In addition, over time, the overall cost will become high. This solution may be perfect for you if you need a very basic site or if you don’t have a budget at first.
Our advice for a successful website for your new business
If you have no knowledge of website creation, we recommend that you entrust the work to a web agency or use an online platform offering turnkey packages. A mediocre website, with errors and which is not pleasant to view, will penalize you in your activity.
Then, it is very important to plan a professional website with a responsive design. This allows your website to display correctly on computer screens, tablets as well as mobiles. Today, mobile displays are essential.
Once created and put online, your website is not intended to stand still. You need to keep your website alive and update it regularly. For example, you can:
- publish news related to your industry,
- provide information on issues that you master,
- share the missions you have already accomplished
Finally, it may be interesting to create a business page on the main social networks. In fact, some companies are mainly satisfied with these for their web communication. This will allow you to attract Internet users to your professional website from these networks.