The field of Data Analytics is rapidly growing. In the past few years, the interest in new technologies such as Big Data, the Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) has burgeoned and so has the demand for data analysts and scientists.
Big data analytics is the driving force for many successful businesses. Using the right kind of technology is quite a complex task but forming the right team that possesses the right skills to take up data initiatives can prove to be a lot tougher. The skills and knowledge expected of data professionals has furthered the need for data analytics certifications to grow in the field of big data and analytics.
In this article let us learn about the highly sought-after big data analytics certifications which will help you climb the career ladder:
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
The Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) credential is general data analytics certification that offers end-to-end knowledge ofthe analytics methods, which include framing business, acquiring data, analytic issues, methodology, deployment and model building, and lifecycle management. It is mainly designed for early- to mid-career data analytics professionals and is valid for three years, after this duration it must be renewed. This certification is from INFORMS, and it is a computer-based test.
- Big Data Analytics Certifications from DASCA
DASCA (Data Science Council of America) provides two levels of global certification programs in analytics. They are:
- Associate Big Data Analyst (ABDATM) – Specially designed for the aspiring graduate students who have majors in business, management, economics, statistics, or allied disciplines, and are aiming for a data analytics career in the field of Big Data.
- Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDATM) – This big data analytics certification is specially designed for experienced analytics, research, and marketing professionals whose goal is to either shift into the Big Data sector or for those, who are already working in the field of Big Data and wants to grow quicker in their respective careers.
DASCA certifications are available in 183 countries and offer a complete test preparation and learning kit to the aspirants.
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst
SQL developers who earn Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst credential demonstrate core competencies needed to transform and generate reports in Cloudera’s CDH environment using Impala and Hive. This certification prerequisite is that the applicant must pass the CCA Data Analyst Exam (CCA159), hands-on works on CDH 5 cluster, remote-proctored set of eight to 12 performance-related. Each applicant will be given 120 minutes to perform a technical solution for each task. They should analyze the given work and come up with an optimal output in the allocated time.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics
The MCSE Data Management and Analytics certification offer applicants’ knowledge on SQL database administration, leveraging Business Intelligence (BI) data, Machine Learning, and building enterprise-scale data solutions, in both cloud-based and on- environments. Once an individual gets an MCSE certificate, they will be eligible for jobs that include:
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Database Designer
- Database Analyst
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9
A SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9 gives applicants insights into Big Data by using a variety of open-source tools and SAS Data Management tools. They will be using intricate machine learning models to create business recommendations for deploying the models at scale using the robust and flexible SAS environment. To earn a SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9 one should pass 5 exams, which consist of short-answer, interactive questions, and a mix of multiple-choice from the SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional (3 exams) and SAS Certified Big Data Professional (2 exams). The five exams are:
- SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional:
- SAS Advanced Predictive Modeling
- Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner 7, 13, or 14
- SAS Text Analytics, Time Series, Experimentation and Optimization
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional:
- SAS Big Data Programming and Loading
- SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics and Visual Exploration
If you want to pursue a career in and big data analytics, there are ample big data analytics certifications, whichwill help you to learn, grow and enhance your skills to prove yourself to the potential employers.