Two years back, buying and selling Bitcoin was considered to be a challenging process because of the payment method. But today, as the value of Bitcoin rises, the payment methods have also become feasible and Apple Pay is on top of it. So, if you’re someone who wants to know how to purchase BTC with Apple Pay, we will make it simple for you in this blog.
Apple is known in the market for its credibility, security and reliability. When it comes to Apple, people won’t think a minute before investing in its product because of its good fame all over the world.
Keeping this, Apple’s interest in the crypto market has led it to launch its own credit card known as ‘Apple Card” to simplify finances for people. So, now you can buy bitcoin using Apple Pay with the following methods.
Coinmama is a leading cryptocurrency exchange platform that was established in 2013. It’s one of the first and few companies to get a green signal from Apple to use their payment method to buy Bitcoin. It’s not only limited to the U.S but is usable all over the world because of its efficient and useful ways to handle finances. Available in almost 188 countries, you can buy bitcoin using Coinmama as long as you have a compatible device.
Here’s how to buy BTC on Apple Pay using Coinmama:
To start with this you should have an Apple device with your Apple Card setup on its setting page. Then you need to follow these steps:
- Create an account on Coinmama and verify it through your email
- On Coinmama, select Apple Pay as your payment method. Here you don’t need to input card details as it all processes through Apple Card.
- Head to the ‘Bitcoin’ section on Coinmama and select the amount of the cryptocurrency you want to purchase.
- On confirmation, you’ll receive your BTC directly into your wallet.
- One of the leading, reliable and trusted brokers when it comes to buying and selling Bitcoin
- You can buy as many BTC with the credit card
- Operates all around the world
- High Fees
Similar to Coinmama, Paxful also makes Bitcoin easy through peer-to-peer financing that means you can buy Bitcoins directly from other users without involving banks, corporations or any other third party. Launched in 2015, Paxful has become one of the leading Bitcoin marketplaces used by millions of people across the globe. It’s available worldwide except few countries such as Burundi, Central African Republic Sanctions, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Republic of Congo, Somalia, Sudan and Darfur, Syria, Yemen.
Here’s how to buy BTC on Apple Pay using Paxful:
- Create an account on Paxful and you’ll get your free Bitcoin wallet.
- In the offer section, choose the Apple Pay method as payment and enter the amount you’re willing to purchase Bitcoin for and the currency.
- Click search for offers and browse through the list of offers that matches your requirements.
- After getting the right offer, enter the amount to start the trade.
- Follow the seller’s instructions to make the payment.
- You’ll receive your Bitcoin in your wallet.
- Escrow services for Bitcoin transactions. If the buyer fails to pay the amount, the deal will be auto-cancelled and the Bitcoin will return to the seller’s wallet.
- Diverse payment method
- No additional buying fees
- Low purchase limits
- Lack of providing complete identification can lead to stuck funds on the app.
Founded in 2015, Exodus empowers people to control their wealth through safe, reliable and trusted payment methods. Available in 40+ countries, it has made cryptocurrency easy for everyone. It also supports Apple Pay purchases on the latest version of the iOs app with a limit of $250.
Here’s how to buy BTC on Apple Pay using Exodus:
- Download the Exodus app
- Execute the app and go to the “Profile” tab.
- Click on “Buy Bitcoin”
- Select the amount you want to buy the Bitcoin for and then tap “Pay.”
- Confirm the method via Apple Pay, you’ll get BTC in your wallet shortly.
- Pretty simple and easy to understand user interface
- Easy to find and use crypto apps within the wallet
- Limited to 40 countries only
- High transaction fees
Binance is the world’s number 1 cryptocurrency platform for buying and selling bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies instantly. It supports more than 200 currencies for both beginners and advanced traders. You can even buy Bitcoin and another crypto on a regular basis.
Here’s how to buy BTC on Apple Pay using Binance:
- Create an account on Binance on the iOS app
- Enable two-factor authentication
- Verify your identity by uploading your ID
- Visit Binance’s P2P marketplace and select the ad you like
- Initiate the trade and send the payment using Apple Pay
- Your BTC will arrive in your wallet
- Offers a huge number of cryptocurrency pairs
- Low fees
- Worldwide support and reliable management
- Payment options are limited
5. Local Bitcoins
Local Bitcoins is another to buy Bitcoin using Apple pay. It converts your local currency into BTC. You can do personalized trading with other users through Local BTC. Their mission is to make the global economy accessible everywhere in the world through Bitcoin trading.
Here’s how to buy BTC on Apple Pay using Local Bitcoins:
- Create an account on LocalBitcoins. You’ll get a free, secure online bitcoin wallet.
- On the main page search for advertisements, the amount you want to buy in your currency and location.
- Choose Apple Pay as your payment method.
- You’ll get all the available bitcoin advertisements in your region.
- Click on the ‘Buy’ button to get more detail about the advertisement.
- Click ‘Accept Terms’ to start the trade, head to the payment option.
- Confirm that you’ve paid and you’ll receive your BTC in 179 minutes.
- Available in every corner of the world
- Supports diverse payment methods
- The easy and fastest way to get Bitcoin in your wallet
- Have higher chances of getting scammed
- Lack of cryptocurrencies
Where can Apple Pay be found?
Apple Pay is supported in many countries around the world including most of North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. See the full list of countries here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207957
You can use Apple Pay wherever you see the following signs.
Opera Browser Apple Pay Support
In partnership with payment provider Wyre, Opera’s web browser gave US and Scandinavian users the ability to purchase bitcoin and ethereum via Apple Pay or a bank card from a crypto wallet in Opera’s browser.
Their iOS app, Opera Touch, has a built-in crypto wallet and simplifies the process of buying bitcoin by giving users the ability to buy bitcoin instantly with Apple Pay.
Advantages of Using Apple Pay
- It’s more secure as compared to a debit or credit card.
- It’s impossible for anyone to steal data as it processes transactions after storing credit and debit card’s data at another place.
- You can pay money on a click using your iOS device.
Which method is best to buy Bitcoin through Apple Pay?
There are only a few options to buy Bitcoins with Apple Pay since every exchange doesn’t support Apple Card. So, if you live in the US and want to buy BTC through secure and instant methods then we’d prefer Coinmama.
In other situations, Exodus can work well if you have a small amount and want an easy transaction. For the rest, Paxful and LocalBitcoins can help you achieve your goal.
Apart from all these ways, you can also use Apple Pay using Apple Cash. It allows you to send money through a linked card. If you have the iMessage details of the recipient, you can send instant payment to the seller.
With that being said, the way forward to Bitcoin isn’t going to end anytime soon so if you haven’t yet invested on it, now is the right time to start.
So, which of these payment methods would you be using to buy Bitcoin?