QuickBooks is one of the best financial accounting applications. Business organizations of every size can utilize it. But at times, users might face some error every once in a while. One such error Is QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013, which is a very stressful issue.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 arises whenever QB encounters issues or cannot connect or communicate with your banking institution. This can arise due to an inactive bank account licensed for QuickBooks Online banking. The error is related to bank connectivity. Error OLSU 1013 appears because of the latest updates built from your bank’s side on their server or modification made in your account information.
The sole purpose of this article is to direct you through a number of identification and problem-solving steps to fix the matter of QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 efficiently and achieve your connectivity again with your bank account & proceed to settle your statements without any disturbances.
Let’s Learn About QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 Thoroughly
Users face this issue when QuickBooks encounters problems in connectivity and communicating along with the banking institution. Bank connection error 1012 can also appear when there is a connectivity issue with the bank and the QuickBooks application.
After the chase bank update, Error 1013 arises on-screen. Users won’t be able to upgrade their account info or even download the newest transactions from their banking institution.
There are more factors about this specific error, i.e., how can you fix this error, its cause, and symptoms. To know that follow this article till the end.
What Do You Mean By QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
QuickBooks has a feature known as banking, enabling you to connect your business or personal bank account to download transactions straight from the bank into the QB application. The occurrence of QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013 is also possible when there is an issue of communication between the bank and the company file.
You will receive an error message on your screen which says, “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Click cancel to discontinue set up and then retry setting up the account for online services again. Error message number: OLSU-1013”
What Exactly Prompts QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013?
There are several reasons why you encounter the error OLSU 1013. A few some them are provided below:
- Issues with your bank: You might encounter some crucial warnings while trying to sign in to your bank account straight from your bank’s website. If your financial institution has modified their service offerings, such as the two methods, the bank permits users to connect with QuickBooks like a web connect or direct connect service.
Moreover, the matter could lie in modifying the bank’s name that requires the latest version in your QuickBooks. At times it is merely due to the lack of internet connection.
- Issues with the internet connection: The internet connection might be unstable and not strong enough.
- Issues with the accounts of QuickBooks Company file: The problems lie straight in the bank account info of users QB company data file, or there might be an inactive bank account connected with the QB online banking.
Things to Remember Before Fixing The Error Code OLSU 1013
- Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is upgraded to the recent version.
- Make sure that your internet connection is solid and steady enough for the work procedure.
- Log in to your bank’s online banking to see if the login information is correct or not.
- Upgrade the internet explorer on your device.
- Ensure that your QB desktop is in the single-user mode only.
- You need to set internet explorer as your default browser
- Make a backup of your company file.
Procedures for resolving error OLSU 1013
PROCEDURE 1: Resolve the error by allowing TLS 1.2 Protocol
- Initially, you need to update Internet Explorer to the latest version.
- Right-click on the Internet Explorer and then click on the Gear Icon (You can find it in the upper right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select the Advanced Tab.
- Move your cursor to the Security section and uncheck USE TLS 1.0, and check USE TLS 1.2.
- Verify by tapping on Apply and then hit OK.
- Shut the entire program which you are utilizing currently, reboot your device and see whether the Error OLSU 1013 is solved or not.
PROCEDURE 2: Set up a fresh company file
- Start this procedure by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the File menu and select a new company.
- From the Express start, and add the bank account creating issues.
- Now proceed by setting up your account for bank feeds through the new company you just developed.
- After that, you need to download bank feed transactions to run a trial on the bank account, which was inoperative earlier.
PROCEDURE 3: Set up and join accounts
- At first, you need to select the account facing issues
- Next, tap on the edit account option.
- Then highlight the name of the account and hit on the copy button.
- Ensure that you add (*) at the last of your account name.
- Proceed by choosing the bank feed settings and select the option to deactivate each online service.
- Finally, hit Save and close option.
Create a fresh account
- You need to create a fresh account by clicking on the Chart of accountants.
- Now, clear () and then paste the account name. Shut the file and open it again. Tap on Charts of accountants with ().
- You are required to right-click on the account and then choose edit account.
- Further, clear (*) and tap on the save and close button.
- After you see the merge warning dialog box, hit the yes button.
- Then choose to set up an account for bank feeds.
- At last, download transactions to the freshly joined accounts.
PROCEDURE 4: Deactivate every account through online services
The mentioned steps will help you examine which accounts are producing issues because only one account with an issue can interrupt the bank’s connectivity.
- Firstly, you need to have various online banking accounts linked to your QuickBooks.
- From the chart of accounts, choose to include an inactive checkbox (you can find it at the end of the window).
- You need to deactivate the bank feeds of all the inactive accounts.
- Shut the company file and open all of them again.
- At last, create a new setup for all accounts for bank feeds.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 can impact users of any bank such as chase bank, capital one, etc., and at times, it becomes tough to search for a solution to this error if it affects your bank. The error appears because of a lousy connection problem to both the bank and the QuickBooks application. Users might face this error when QB experiences issues when communicating or connecting with the banking institution.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 is a critical issue if the bank official has affirmed that there’s no familiar issue with the bank servers. It usually appears due to a lousy connection problem between the bank and QB application. This needs to be solved very promptly. We expect that you were able to resolve the issue by following all the mentioned steps. Go through the blog till the last utterly to avoid any problem.
Hopefully, this article came into use and delivered you adequate information on resolving QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 to restart your task quickly.